Author Topic: KEENE Family From Weybridge, Surrey  (Read 4603 times)

Offline aboyer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KEENE Family From Weybridge, Surrey
« on: Thursday 18 August 11 20:12 BST (UK) »
Have been researching Keene lines that ended up in Weybridge.  There seem to be two separate groups and we cannot find the connection.  One is Daniel Keene 1693-1751 (not sure of his birthplace) and the other is John Keene 1653-1732, born in St. Savior, Surrey.

There is a Limehouse, London Wall marriage and St. Giles, Reading documentation -- and they seemed to have ended up in Weybridge and Godalming.  Many were Watermen and Fishermen.

We were fortunate enough to have visited St. James Church in Weybridge where over 30 Keenes are buried.

Would love to hear from anyone who has a connecton to these Keenes or some advice on where to go from here.  I belong to Ancestry.com and have clicked on just about every other search engine in existence!

aboyer

Picutre #1 - Meeting our new Keene Cousin at St. James Church
Picture #2 - Keene grave area at St. James

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: KEENE Family From Weybridge, Surrey
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 August 11 16:53 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. I have found a John Keene who was baptised 14/4/1653 at St Saviour-Father Daniel, but this is obviously a much earlier Daniel to the one you are looking for.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline aboyer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: KEENE Family From Weybridge, Surrey
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 August 11 21:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much.  We appreciate any and all information.  Have found and printed out the Daniel you mentioned.  Will put him on "hold" until we can find his spot. 

I'm attaching another photo which shows a wonderful panoramic shot taken by Mike Keene in May 2011 for others to enjoy who may have ancestors buried in this area of St. James Church.

Regards from America ...
aboyer