Author Topic: McComb, McCombs--Keady, Armagh to Troy, NY?  (Read 2532 times)

Offline TPM123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McComb, McCombs--Keady, Armagh to Troy, NY?
« on: Friday 19 August 11 18:40 BST (UK) »
Greetings--seeking family of Samuel McComb b. about 1805 in Co.Armagh, Parish of Keady. He and brother William McComb b. about 1807 settled in Troy, NY and were brick masons by trade. Samuel (spouse, Ann) had many children in Troy, including James McCombs born 1847 (my g-g-grandfather).  Hoping to find exact location of where our McCombs family lived in Co. Armagh, Parish of Keady. Possibly Newry or MarketHill? Anyone out there with info on Samuel or William McCombs b early 1800s and moved to Troy, NY please let me know! Brick wall for over a decade. Many thanks, Tammi
email: 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Hils06

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McComb, McCombs--Keady, Armagh to Troy, NY?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 December 19 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I to am looking Information on mccomb my grandmother was Eleanor Agnes mccomb and her father was Robert William  mccomb we think all I know was he died when she was young . She was brought up in drumnasoo near portadown and her mother was Rachel. Taylor ( maiden name )

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 December 19 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat
When was Eleanor born?
There is a death of a Robert William McComb in 1905 aged 23 worked for the railway, could this be your Robert?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1905/05596/4572827.pdf

Don't think this chap had any children, seems to be married to Rachal Taylor in 1902 but I don't see any McComb Taylor births on a quick search.

Offline Hils06

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 December 19 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanyou so much for getting back to me yes this could be him my grandmother was listed living with her mother and grandparents on the 1911 census at 4 drumard ( jones) Richill Co Armagh I presume her father had been dead at this time . Eleanor was aged 8 at this time of the census. The 1901 shows Robert living at 2 anneragh  richill hill with a Mary spence and a Sarah spence his aunts

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 27 December 19 12:59 GMT (UK) »

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 27 December 19 13:07 GMT (UK) »
This is a different Robert McComb died 25 Apr.1905-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1905/05597/4573367.pdf

Probate of the Will of Robert M'Comb late of Belleek County Armagh Farmer who died 25 April 1905 granted at Armagh to James M'Comb Farmer and William M'Comb Baker. Effects £47. Will mentions sons James & William

Offline Hils06

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 27 December 19 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for this !!! I found Robert living with his aunts but can find his parents or where he or they are buried my grandmother is buried with her mother and her Taylor family in the parish of Kilmore but unsure wher Roberts and his family buried . I was told my grand mothers father died when she was a child and that her mother remarried later to an Isaac Hayes and they lived on her farm in drumnasoo. Unfortunately my uncles are all gone and so is my father so I have no way of finding this out

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 27 December 19 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Isaac Hayes marriage to Rachel McComb on 4.1.1919:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1919/09661/5503308.pdf

Probate abstracts from the PRONI wills site:

Hayes Isaac of Drumnasoo Portadown county Armagh retired farmer died 11 February 1959 Probate Belfast 23 March to Rachel Hayes the widow. Effects £367 15s. REVOKED & CANCELLED 25.10.61.

Hayes, Isaac of Drumnasoo Portadown county Armagh retired farmer died 11 February 1959 Probate Belfast 13 December 1961 to James Cranston farmer. Effects £367 15s.

The will itself is not on-line but PRONI should have it, in paper format. If you can get there in person you can copy it free. If not, PRONI will copy it for you (for a fee).

Likely death for Rachel Hayes, registered in Armagh, 11.3.1961 aged 82.
Elwyn