Author Topic: John COBBOLD, born at Halsen (=Harleston?) 1715  (Read 8189 times)

Offline Tiemen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John COBBOLD, born at Halsen (=Harleston?) 1715
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 08 October 11 09:57 BST (UK) »
Birtle,

I will take your advise and be careful about the Rattlesden connection.
I had not looked at Harleston baptism register on the Fuller website the way you did.
And OK, I will see Harleston (Norfolk) as an option untill I find the real evidence I need.

For now I will look for Cobbold in the Yarmouth registers that you showed me on photos in FamilySearch. Perhaps there are other entries, which are not to find in the databases yet.

Thank you,

Tiemen

Offline Birtle

• RootsChat Senior
  • A Cobbold-Nunn wedding?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 08 October 11 14:16 BST (UK) »
Good luck - I hope you're successful, Tiemen.
Birtle

Offline Tiemen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 13 October 11 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Birtle,

I have browsed through the marriages in Yarmouth (on the photos from familysearch) and have found no trace of the marriage of John Cobbold and Fanny. Of course I also have looked at variations of the name Cobbold.
And only from one parish in Yarmouth there are photos of marriages. So there could be more, but I don't know how to move on from here.

Greetings,

Tiemen

Offline Birtle

• RootsChat Senior
  • A Cobbold-Nunn wedding?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 13 October 11 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Tiemen,
I think perhaps you need to make a new post on the Norfolk board of rootschat. As 'Annes' checked the Suffolk Harleston parish registers for you and found nothing, perhaps you could make a Lookup request on the Norfolk board for John Cobbold bp abt 1715 in Harleston cum Redenhall. It's worth doing even if he's not to be found there. There are instructions on the Norfolk board about how to request a Lookup.
You could also put a post on the main Norfolk board about Jiffling Jack and JC, as there may be rootschatters watching that board who know something about the history of smuggling in Norfolk and possibly the Cobbolds in particular. Who knows!
Beyond those suggestions, I don't think there's much more that I can do to help as I know very little about resources for Norfolk family history. Maybe you have hit what we call a 'brick wall' and must wait until more parish registers are indexed online, but I hope not. :)
Birtle

Offline SaskiaH

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 10 December 23 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tiemen,

Did you find out anything else about John and or Fanny? I'm descended from their daughter Maria.

Thanks, Saskia