Author Topic: Anastasia Navin  (Read 6605 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia Navin
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:32 BST (UK) »
Death certs are often the least accurate document when it comes to age/year of birth... it's possible the informant didn't know, or overestimated

Pity the marriage is before the start of civil records, since a cert would give you father's name, which would help confirm, or rule out, the connections. I presume you've already searched the RootsIreland/Rothe House records for possible marriages in church records ?

That death cert might be worth a try anyway, as it would give place of death etc, and the informant might be a family member which may allow you to check if it's the correct person.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline lueli

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:44 BST (UK) »
I got searches done in both Kilkenny and Tipperary for the marriages and nothing at all came up unfortunately.  Just that one baptism for Glebe.  I'll keep digging away hopefully something will turn up.  Thank you so much for the help and advice.

Regards

Offline lueli

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Anniedwyer 84,

The only possibility might be Mary, she is the only one of the McCormacks I can't find.  I don't know anything about the sponsor Margaret Navin though.  Does that tie in anywhere with you?

Regards.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 15:49 BST (UK) »
Not all the parishes in the area have records back far enough for the marriage - so it depends on which parish it took place in.

I dont think RootsIreland has all records for all the south Tipperary parishes...

You can check details for parishes (date, map, NLI film references etc) on the Irish Times website to see if any of the neighbouring parishes would be worth checking out..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests