Author Topic: Tibbermore / Perth M.I.'s for GELLATLY  (Read 2266 times)

Offline MichaelLyke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tibbermore / Perth M.I.'s for GELLATLY
« on: Wednesday 24 August 11 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Does anybody know of any resources I can approach for grave memorial inscriptions for Tibbermore or other Perth graveyards including Ruthvenfield/Almondbank?

In particular James Stewart Gellatly, b.c1840-1842, d.8/12/1923 Hillyland, Tibbermore, Perthshire, his wife Margaret (Burden) d.1912 Perth who had 9 children, one of which was Frederick (Fred) James Gellatly, b.19/7/1888, d.1948 Tulloch Farm, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland.

Would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards,
Michael

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tibbermore / Perth M.I.'s for GELLATLY
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 07:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Micheal

With regard to your request for information. I believe there are no cemeteries at Almondbank or Ruthvenfield.

James Stewart Gellatly unless there is a family plot in Tibbermore churchyard would probably have been buried in Wellshill cemetery in Perth as Hillyland now a suburb of Perth is only up the hill from the town cemetery, although at one time I believe it was part of the parish of Tibermore. If you contact the link below with the details of what you are looking for they should be able to give you the burial locations and tell you if there is a memorial stone.

esburials[at]pkc.gov.uk

The memorial inscription books that are available only contain information up to 1855 unless there is a family plot with earlier generations interred there.
For earlier generations in Perth if you type Perth burial register into google it will give you the database for internments prior to 1855 in Perth but only for the town graveyards.

Yours Aye
BruceL

Moderator Comment: e-mail edited, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please replace [-- at --] with @