Author Topic: WILTSHIRE family bath  (Read 8105 times)

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: WILTSHIRE family bath
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 August 11 07:41 BST (UK) »
Oyster Dealer (Oyster Seller)

Since Elisha was a Hawker I would think possibly a street seller of pickled oysters.

Cheers Kris :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rainybell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 August 11 09:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kris and Warncoot, have sent email to parish clerk in Walcot, so  now wait for result. Never came across an oyster dealer before wonder what price he sold them for. many,many thanks for all your help it is much appreciated     Cheers rainybell
Rooney/ Shaw/nevin/ wiltshire/ rose / welsh/ muldoon/ McIlwraith/ sims/ palmer/ fraser/

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 August 11 11:09 BST (UK) »
Looks like Abraham senior died in Shepton Mallet prison in Jan 1841, (aged 60).

http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/SearchResults.pl?RecordType=Burials&RecordID=1483133

If he was given a month in Apr 1840 he should have been out long before then. Was there another trial?

Offline rainybell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 29 August 11 02:10 BST (UK) »
thank you David for that information, Kris noted that Abraham was 55 on the 4th April 1840,your info gives his age at 60, guess ages get lost on the way. I don't know if there was another trial but something went wrong if he died in prison, what ever it must have been hard times for many, but not all turned to crime. your is help much appreciated rainybell
Rooney/ Shaw/nevin/ wiltshire/ rose / welsh/ muldoon/ McIlwraith/ sims/ palmer/ fraser/

Offline rainybell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 03:14 BST (UK) »
David,I sent for Abraham's death certificate, the only new information it gave was he died the 4th Jan1841, cause of death, Disease of the heart, still a mystery why he was still in prison. Thanks again for all your help. cheers Rainybell

Offline rjwiltsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 April 13 19:59 BST (UK) »
I am a direct descendant (great, great grandson) of Anne Wiltshire who was born in 1835 and whose father was Abraham Wiltshire and mother Susanna. So she was the brother of Abraham who went to Australia. Anne died in Brighton in 1913. She was the unmarried mother of Joseph Wiltshire (born 1859, died 1926) and also Anne Wiltshire who lived only for a few months in 1861. She married James Mockford in 1861. It seems that Anne moved to Brighton from Bath in the late 1850's. I am still trying to find out more about Anne especially why she moved to Brighton, where she was born and more information about her early family living conditions. She was clearly in trouble with the law like the rest of the family. I would like to know more about what happened to the Australia Abraham!

Offline rainybell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 29 April 13 03:28 BST (UK) »
Welcome to roots, & to think you have found a connection to your GGGrandmother Ann. Abraham was my Ggrandfather, I have alot of information on him here in Australia, and if this is what you want, I  would be pleased to pass it onto you, have come to brick wall  about the rest of the family in the u.k, so maybe we can help each other. Kind regards Rainybell

Offline rjwiltsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 29 April 13 19:43 BST (UK) »
Dear Rainybell it was really good to receive your message yesterday and will help in any way I can and yes I would like to receive information about the Wiltshire family in Australia. By the way I particular information about Abraham's transportation to Tasmania but I guess you have that already? For example the offences he committed in Somerset, his associates, where his trial was held and details of the Marion - the convict ship? Let me know if you need any of this and I will pass it on. I can provide quite a bit of information about the Ann/e/ie side of the family if you would like me to pass it to you. Also I know a little about Abraham senior and basic information about his parents and some speculation going further back. Great to hear from you - Ron. PS I agree that all the Wiltshire's should have been transported!

Offline rjwiltsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 30 December 18 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rainybel et al,

After such a while is there still interest in following up about Abraham Wiltshire. Would welcome new email address from you  if possible
With best wishes -rjwiltsh