Author Topic: MCDONALD, Malcolm George - Belgium Connection  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Little_Nell57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Four generations
    • View Profile
MCDONALD, Malcolm George - Belgium Connection
« on: Sunday 28 August 11 04:11 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if there is someone in Belgium who might be able to help me.  My great-uncle, Malcolm George MCDONALD, is buried in Kandahar Farm Cemetery, after dying of wounds received in battle during WWI.

His plot number is II. F. 9.  What I would appreciate is if someone could visit the cemetery and take a photo of his grave, and PM me with the photo please.  This is one of the tragedies of our family.  This young man was wounded on his 19th birthday, and died three days later from those wounds.  He never really got to see what life was all about.

I would appreciate any help at all with this, and thank you in advance.  I know it is asking a lot, but being in ill-health, I will never be able to visit his grave myself.  I grieve for this man who I never knew, but who gave so much for us all.

Thank you.

Narelle
Bridget Lawler  Ireland?-Tasmania; Moore, Kerrison, Williams, Wilson, Watson, McDonald
Chapman, Symonds, Mortimer, Galbraith

Offline sallan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MCDONALD, Malcolm George - Belgium Connection
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 April 14 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Little Nell
If you click on the following link from 'Find  Grave' you will find a picture of Malcolm and also a picture of his grave in Kandahar Cemetery Belgium. He was also my great uncle - his sister, Josephine was my grandmother.
sallan
Hope it works for you.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=macdonald&GSfn=Malcolm&GSmn=g&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GScntry=19&GSob=n&GRid=13808192&df=all&