Author Topic: Look up request - Coulson in Whitby  (Read 1399 times)

Offline ants59

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up request - Coulson in Whitby
« on: Sunday 28 August 11 08:55 BST (UK) »
BMD records show a Mary Coulson, age 86, as having died in March 1906 at Whitby.  I would be very grateful to anyone able to tell me details of the burial record or the inscription on the headstone.

Thank you for your help.

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request - Coulson in Whitby
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 August 11 15:43 BST (UK) »
Scarborough council have the burial records for the Cemetery at Larpool Lane in Whitby.  If you email the Cemeteries & Crematorium Assistant with the details they may be able to help.

crematorium(at)scarborough.gov.uk

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 19:13 BST (UK) »
I realise this is an old thread and ants59 has not been active on RC for a couple of years but I recently found out that Scarborough Crematorium are now charging £20 for a burial look-up for Larpool Lane, Whitby Cemetery and Scarborough Cemetery.  I have asked for several details in the past and always received, free of charge, the plot number, the names, ages & burial dates of the deceased. Times have changed.......  I think Acklam, Middlesbrough Crematorium office still provide free details for the cemeteries in Middlesbrough.

Incidentally, ants59, I found this in the Whitby Gazette Friday 2nd February 1906 (now on FindMyPast): Deaths: "January 28th at Aislaby aged 86 years, Mary, wife of Mr Thomas Coulson, labourer."

My local library has the Monumental Inscriptions for St Margaret's, Aislaby and if you wish, I can look to see if there was a headstone for Mary, if indeed she was buried there.

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 19:45 BST (UK) »
Whitby Gazette, Friday 22 Feb 1918: Deaths: "February 20 at Ellerton, Sandsend aged 86 years Thomas Coulson late of Aislaby.  To be interred at Aislaby today (Friday), funeral leaving Sandsend at 1 o'clock.  Friends please accept this (the only) intimation."  Also "February 20 at Ellerton, East Row aged 86 years Mr Thomas Coulson, farmer."