Author Topic: Final plea for Scrivens in Malvern  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
Final plea for Scrivens in Malvern
« on: Monday 29 August 11 08:15 BST (UK) »
I am finalising my research (if that is possible) and am still seeking any Scriven(s) in Malvern or who have links in this area. My Grandmother was Rosina Scrivens.

Over 30 years of research has failed to find many of my more remote relis.

Thanks for all the help in the past.

Mike
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline CandKBates

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Final plea for Scrivens in Malvern
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 March 13 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Back in the early 60s I went to school with an Elizabeth Scrivens, whose father owned Scrivens Garage on Pickersleigh Road --  Is she one of the Scrivens for whom you're looking?

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 March 13 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks for your reply.

My Scrivens family mostly came from the Malvern area. At present I have no known links to the family who owned the garage. I bet there is one though.
I lived in Madresfield  and often passed the garage in  Pickersleigh Road.

Mike
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline CandKBates

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for your reply.

My Scrivens family mostly came from the Malvern area...

Sorry, Mike...

I forgot to explain that I lived in Malvern at the time and went to Malvern County (now Great Malvern) Primary School, in Lydes Rd, with Elizabeth.

Offline JS18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 16 January 24 16:52 GMT (UK) »
I knew the Scrivens family from Malvern in the 1940's-1960's. They lived on Pickersleight Rd. just across a little way from the top of Northend Lane. It was before the road was straightened. I knew their son Tony - a little younger than me, so probably born around 1940. I think his Dad's name was ?Ron. This is the same family that later had the garage a little further along the road. If you click on the link, it should bring up a recent street view of the area. I think Scrivens house may have been on the left of the semi-detached on near the center, but not 100% sure. I know they lived next door to the Croft family.
You can see the road sign for North End Lane which has now become quite a main route.It used to be such a quiet little country lane, especially before the RRE housing estate was built there.
I saw mention of a Beard family somewhere on your profile. There was a Beard family who lived in Madresfield. One of them, Mike, now lives just outside Worcester and is on Facebook. He's very knowledgeable about Madresfield and Worcester.
 https://www.google.com/maps/@52.1183787,-2.31052,3a,75y,280h,91.06t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1seFnrTvYz0AIZJg9hy31UEg!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DeFnrTvYz0AIZJg9hy31UEg%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D194.18169%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu