Author Topic: Tobias Curran and Mary Brandy  (Read 4502 times)

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Tobias Curran and Mary Brandy
« on: Tuesday 30 August 11 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me knock down my brick wall!!!!
I have Mary Curran with her 2 children in Durham in 1861 stating that they were from Ireland.  1901 census says County Cairo ( hence Carlow).  The marriage cert of their daughter Eliza states that her fathers name was Tobias.  I know there was a Tobias in Carlow in 1852 Griffiths valuation.
I wonder if anyone can find Mary and Tobias' marriage record or that of children's births or baptism!!!!!
I appreciate this is probably a long shot but you never know!!!!
Many thanks
Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Tobias Curran and Mary Brandy
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 14:28 BST (UK) »
To search for such early records you need to know where in Carlow your Curran and Brandy ancestors lived,  and also need to know what denomination they were, so you can check if any records are church available for the area.

see :

Introduction to Irish Records
   My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?   

previous topics :

Eliza and John Curran(Curren) look up please
  Curran - Help me knock down my brick wall!

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 15:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you Shane........ I live in hope!!!

They were Roman Catholic and on the Griffiths the address is Enniscorthy, Forth, Barragh, Kilbrannish, South Street No 25

Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline finglaspete

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 September 11 18:26 BST (UK) »
hi again
my great great grandfathers brother moved up to carrickduff, which is part of what is modern Bunclody, i have only recently realised this, could your curran be his son, I also have a picture of a grave in Kildavin for James Curran of carrickduff.
it would be a natural progression for a family to move a few miles at a time. In this case they moved from Boherduff to Knocklonagad to Drumphea to Carrickduff to Kilbranish?
I would think that your tobias would be related to the bunclody currans, if you think so pm me and we can email one another. and exchange family trees.
pete
curran, carlow, dublin.
 doyle, carlow.
 gaul, carlow
cooke, kilkenny
kelter, kilkenny
mills, kildare and queens
jones, Caernarvonshire
brophy, carlow and dublin
o'rorke galway and carlow and laois
taylor, london
kelly, dublin and cavan