Author Topic: The Doole's of Derry  (Read 11728 times)

Offline les3011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Doole's of Derry
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 August 11 20:28 BST (UK) »
Joe, I had a thought after I posted my reply to you.   Do you know if any addresses/residences were recorded on the 1850 marriage record for James?

Cheers

Les

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 31 August 11 20:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Les

I got the record from the Roots Ireland site but I just did a quick search  and the register of Curran Pres. church is available to view here free of charge!  http://www.torrens.org.uk/Genealogy/BannValley/church/Curran/Marriages.html

The address is Ballinahone same as Mary in 1852, Mary is recorded as Nancy in this record

Regards

Joe
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline les3011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 31 August 11 22:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks Joe, that's great stuff!

Les

Offline MattJD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 06 November 11 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Les, Joe, et al,

Just wondering if any of you have a record of 'John Doole', born 20 Nov, 1881? Believe he was born in the County Derry area of Ireland. Somehow he made it to New Zealand in 1914, where he married. Would appreciate any help you could offer.

best regards,

Matt

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 06 November 11 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matt,
          Welcome to Rootschat. There was a John Hunter Doole born on 8 Feb 1881 in Lislea,near Kilrea, in Co. Londonderry to William Doole and Hannah Brown Boyd. However the Familysearch site gives the birth of a John Doole in the Oct - Dec quarter. The birth was registered in Magherafelt, Co. Londonderry, in Vol.1 Page 660. You would have to order the certificate to get the parents.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 06 November 11 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi, John Doole born Oct-Dec Quarter Magherafelt district, fathers name was Andrew Doole, mothers first name was Mary, I think they married in 1874 Magherafelt, Kingskerswell will probably be able to add some detail to this marriage record

Regards

Joe
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 06 November 11 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   6 Mar 1874 Andrew Doole married Mary A. Kirkwood in Magherafelt 1st Presbyterian Church, Co. Londonderry.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 06 November 11 14:43 GMT (UK) »
For the above marriage Andrew Doole's father was James Doole, Mary Ann Kirkwood's father was Andrew Kirkwood,

I think I see the birth record for Mary Kirkwood (1853), (Castledawson Presbyterian Ch) father Andrew, mother Mary, also the death record for Andrew Doole 1906, Magherafelt born approx 1844

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/MF4J-DQW/p1

Regards

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 06 November 11 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, this looks like John Dooles parents in the 1901 and 1911 Census, the John listed is too young for your John, not sure why family would have named second child John, when elder brother was still alive??

I can see 7 births registered to the couple in Magherafelt: William (1875), James (1877), John (1881), Eliza Jane (1884), Margaret Ann(1886), Samuel David(1888) and John (1890) don't see Thomas listed but there is a Civil birth recorded for a Thomas Andrew Doole 1876 Magherafelt which is probably him

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Desertmartin/Luney/1532523/

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Desertmartin/Luney/613265/

Regards

Joe