Author Topic: Completed The Sorrowful Hearts of Jesus & Mary, Kensington - any information?  (Read 5180 times)

Offline Kelly/Parker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Completed The Sorrowful Hearts of Jesus & Mary, Kensington - any information?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 February 14 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much Dawn.
Parker - Devon and Surrey, Walden - Northampton, Skinner - Devon, Freer - Hammersmith, Newcombe St. Pancras, Sweeting - Beckenham Kent, Elsey - Surrey, Godsmark - Sussex, Spring - Clapham, Willis - Chelsea, Gellard - Middlesex, Jones - Chelsea

Offline ealex40

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Completed The Sorrowful Hearts of Jesus & Mary, Kensington - any information?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 June 16 16:08 BST (UK) »
Helen, I wonder if you can help. I have tried clicking on this link with no luck. My Great Grandparents Also married in 1887 in Sorrowful Hearts of Jesus and Mary and like you I had been looking for some time. They were living in Slaidburn Street at the time. Julie

My Grandparents were also married at The Church of the Sorrowful Hearts of Jesus & Mary, Kensington on 8 May  1892 and coincidentally the address given for my Grandfather was 42 Slaidburn Street, Chelsea and that of the bride was 56 Slaidburn Street. They were married until his death in 1941 and she died in 1959.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 June 16 17:03 BST (UK) »
Hi ealex40

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

and thanks for posting.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline old nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 June 16 13:12 BST (UK) »
To whom it may concern.
The Sorrowful Hearts of Jesus and Mary is now called Saint Delours, situated at 264 Fulham Road.

Offline old nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 June 16 13:13 BST (UK) »
Sorry, spelling of church is Dolours.

Offline Kelly/Parker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 June 16 15:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks to both of you for information. My Mum who is now 91 remembers going to see her Grandparents in Slaidburn Street and back then it was really rough. We went up to take photos a number of years ago when I started doing the family tree and I hate to think what the properties sell for now!
Parker - Devon and Surrey, Walden - Northampton, Skinner - Devon, Freer - Hammersmith, Newcombe St. Pancras, Sweeting - Beckenham Kent, Elsey - Surrey, Godsmark - Sussex, Spring - Clapham, Willis - Chelsea, Gellard - Middlesex, Jones - Chelsea

Offline old nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 June 16 21:48 BST (UK) »
No problem. I posted the two items because I had spelled 'Dolours' incorrectly - Its actually the The Church of Our Lady of Seven Dolours and St Mary's Priory' of 264 Fulham Road.
Regards.