Author Topic: Anderson family, Ballyshannon  (Read 27996 times)

Offline Trevbet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson family, Ballyshannon
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 11 April 13 16:15 BST (UK) »
Update to The Anderson Family, Ballyshannon

John Anderson (farmer of Tullyhurk)married Elizabeth Curry (Currie) not sure of date, but before 1846. He died before 1884. Does anyone know his date of marriage and death?

John born 5.5.1846 He moved to Australia and married Mary McComb (family originally from Londonderry) 24/1/1871 in Brisbane. He died 3/5/1921 and Mary died 9/7/1935.

William David born 25.12.1851 married Ellen Woodward 21/5/1872, her father was William Woodward. Any further info would be appreciated.

Eliza Jane born 6.10.1856 was a witness to the marriage of Thomas Anderson along with George Patton on the 8/8/1878. She moved to Australia after that, not sure of date, and married Arthur H. Harrison 24/3/1884 she died 1937.

Thomas Anderson (Tulyhurk) not sure of date of birth married Catherine Moore  of Legaltan, her father was William Moore a farmer.

I would appreciate any further information or confirmation on the above.

Many thanks, Betty
Hay/Wisnom/Kerr/Millar/McArthur/McBride/Archer/Noble/Cinnamond/Baxter/Young/Irwin/Harold/Dowie/Benson

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 11 April 13 17:58 BST (UK) »
Thomas Anderson (Tulyhurk) not sure of date of birth married Catherine Moore  of Legaltan, her father was William Moore a farmer.

Daughter Catherine Elizabeth (1878) https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGGR-XM7
Son John (1881) https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FPTH-GF8

Same family in 1901-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Donegal/Ballyshannon_Rural/Legaltan/1165726

"Probate of the Will of Thomas Anderson late of Legaltion Ballyshannon County Donegal Farmer who died 2 August 1903 granted at Londonderry to Thomas Morrow Farmer and Andrew N. Anderson Merchant." see www.proni.gov.uk

Anderson family in 1911-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Donegal/Ballyshannon/Legaltan/476421
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Trevbet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 11 April 13 18:10 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the information, Betty
Hay/Wisnom/Kerr/Millar/McArthur/McBride/Archer/Noble/Cinnamond/Baxter/Young/Irwin/Harold/Dowie/Benson

Offline ScottishSharon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 26 April 16 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
I've just found this chat.  I have just started to research my family tree and this conversation has been extremely useful to it.  I realise this chat was 2011/2013.

For Betty - My mum is the eldest daughter of Robert George Anderson with his 2nd marriage to Sarah Jane Rush.  They married on 17th June 1935 in Hillhall Presbyterian Church.  They had 3 girls who are my mum Margaret and my 2 aunts Evelyn and Jeanette.

On my grandfathers marriage certificate to my granny Sarah, his father Thomas was named on it - does that mean he was still alive at approx 88 or was the grooms fathers name put on the certificate for another reason? There was mention he died in 1903 so wondering why.

Thanks

Hope that helps a wee bit with regard to the Anderson family who moved to Belfast.

Sharon

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 27 April 16 10:16 BST (UK) »
On my grandfathers marriage certificate to my granny Sarah, his father Thomas was named on it - does that mean he was still alive at approx 88 or was the grooms fathers name put on the certificate for another reason? There was mention he died in 1903 so wondering why.
Father's name and occupation are listed on Irish marriage certificate but unless 'deceased' in included in that box then there is no indication of whether alive or dead.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ScottishSharon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 27 April 16 15:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks for clearing that up.
Sharon

Offline ScottishSharon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 28 April 16 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi
Has any one got information on the children of Robert Anderson and his first wife Rebecca Black? My mum can't remember now much about her step family.
Thanks in advance
Sharon

Offline Trevbet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 29 April 16 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon
My husband is also a grandson of Robert George Anderson.
I have now quite a detailed Anderson family history. If you pm me your email address I will send you a link to all info on my family tree.

Offline winnipeg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 02 May 16 21:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Sharon from Canada
If Betty doesn't give you the Canada info please let me know and I can send a package of info. William David, Robert George's brother moved to Canada in 1913. William David is my wife's grandfather
Dave