Author Topic: Flaherty & Lawler in Ballybought, Ballymore Eustace  (Read 3093 times)

Offline kelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Flaherty & Lawler in Ballybought, Ballymore Eustace
« on: Monday 05 September 11 13:44 BST (UK) »
I've recently discovered that my FLAHERTY/LAWLER ancestors were from the Townland of  Ballybought, Ballymore Eustace and would very much like to know if there are any resources I can access that might help me  to find out more about these families.

My 4 x great grandfather, William FLAHERTY was born in Ballybought in 1786 to William FLAHERTY and Catherine LAWLER. They were a Roman Catholic family and living in Ballbought Lane.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

** Not sure whether this post should have been in Co. Wicklow or Co. Kildare, as I know that Ballymore Eustace was originally part of Wicklow ??
Dorothy
BRUCE; MATHER; MCKILLOP;BALMAIN;ALYSON (Perth,Scotland);BLAIR:SCOTT;FLEMING,PATERSON; SEMPLE (Midlothian, Scotland)
CRANE; PLEAVIN; SUMNER;DUTTON Cheshire; HEWITT (Cheshire & Liverpool);
FLAHERTY;HEGARTY; KELLY; LAPPIN; MCDONALD SAVAGE; REYNOLDS (Ireland & Liverpool);
MCVEY; MELLOR in Liverpool PRICE(Denbighshire & Liverpool);
BOLITHO;CHAMPERNOWNE;GODOLPHIN;HODGE;TREBILCOCK;TREVILER;WEBB;    TREWARTHA:UREN (Cornwall)

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Flaherty & Lawler in Ballybought, Ballymore Eustace
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 September 11 16:48 BST (UK) »
Not sure what details you already have .. but baptism and marriage records for the RC parish of Ballymore-Eustace go back to 1779, and are available on Microfilm Pos. 6481 in the National Library - see : RC Parish Ballymore-Eustace   (Irish Times)

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline kelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 September 11 17:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for that link, Shane.

What information I have (William's baptism in 1786 in Ballybought and his later marriage in Kilaveney, Wicklow in 1807) is from records on the Irish History Foundation site.

I'm hoping I may find the marriage of William's parents, William and Catherine and baptisms of William's siblings.

Thanks again
Dorothy
BRUCE; MATHER; MCKILLOP;BALMAIN;ALYSON (Perth,Scotland);BLAIR:SCOTT;FLEMING,PATERSON; SEMPLE (Midlothian, Scotland)
FLAHERTY;HEGARTY; KELLY; LAPPIN; MCDONALD SAVAGE; REYNOLDS (Ireland & Liverpool);
BOLITHO;CHAMPERNOWNE;GODOLPHIN;HODGE;TREBILCOCK;TREVILER;WEBB;    TREWARTHA:UREN (Cornwall)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 September 11 17:29 BST (UK) »
Have you already searched the IFHF/RootsIreland website for a possible marriage and siblings ?

If your William was one of the younger children, it's possible that the marriage of his parents was before the start of the records for the parish.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline kelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 September 11 17:54 BST (UK) »
Yes - I found 3 siblings on the IFHS - the earliest being born in 1781.  I suspect that you are right and the parents' marriage would have been too early for the records.
 Thanks for your help

Dorothy