Author Topic: Childs and Hurlstone of Melbury Osmond  (Read 9565 times)

Offline Kells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Childs and Hurlstone of Melbury Osmond
« Reply #18 on: Monday 01 April 19 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking the trouble.

I've documented some of the earlier families from the 1700s but only on paper. Too many names to mention here but if you're interested I could email.

My line ends with Judith, daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth Childs (nee Childs), born in 1806. She and her sister Harriet emigrated to South Australia in the 1840s. I haven't followed the families down from that generation but its nice to know about them.

Thanks again,

Kelly.

Adams; Baylis; Bartlett; Bowyer; Brant; Bull; Carrick; Childs; Darby; Diamond; Dowling; Driver; Elford; Elliott; Fallows; Farmer; Gibbons; Ginger; Gregory; Hennessey; Kirtland; Lakin; Langley; MacCarthy; Manwaring; Miller; Morgan; Morris; Payne; Reardon; Robinson; Rose; Ruddell-Todd; Smith; Sullivan; Stephenson; Stevens; Todd; Trend; Webber; Wetton; Wood; Woodings; Wrathall.

Offline Rowetribe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 01 April 19 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hi, Kelly

I have only really documented my line of the Childs and some of the branches, so yes if you could email them.

My family tree is available on Ancestry "Rowetribe New".

My Great Grandmother Emily Childs married a William Puckett from Evershot, Dorset a nearby village in 1871.  They had six children.     

Cheers,
Richard                                           

Offline Kells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 02 April 19 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard,

I've sent a message to you.

Cheers,

Kelly.
Adams; Baylis; Bartlett; Bowyer; Brant; Bull; Carrick; Childs; Darby; Diamond; Dowling; Driver; Elford; Elliott; Fallows; Farmer; Gibbons; Ginger; Gregory; Hennessey; Kirtland; Lakin; Langley; MacCarthy; Manwaring; Miller; Morgan; Morris; Payne; Reardon; Robinson; Rose; Ruddell-Todd; Smith; Sullivan; Stephenson; Stevens; Todd; Trend; Webber; Wetton; Wood; Woodings; Wrathall.

Offline Kirst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 08 June 22 01:53 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

I'm wondering if Samuel is related to Joseph? I was just updating my tree and noting David as the child of Joseph and Mary and now I'm holding off as, from what you've said Kelly I think your line makes good sense.

Another query - dose anyone have a Charlotte Childs (born about Oct 1844 Chetnole, Dorset), daughter of James Childs and Mary Ann Vine, in their tree?

Many thanks, Kirsten

Offline Kells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 09 July 22 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Kirsten,

I haven't been able to connect Samuel to Joseph. There were so many Childs in the area and I was sure most would marry up but as yet they do not. Samuel's parents Thomas and Margaret were poor and I have not been able to find much about them.

My Childs research has not gone as far forward as the timeframe for your Charlotte. I hope someone else can help.

Cheers,

Kelly.

Offline Kirst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 10 July 22 00:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Kirsten,

I haven't been able to connect Samuel to Joseph. There were so many Childs in the area and I was sure most would marry up but as yet they do not. Samuel's parents Thomas and Margaret were poor and I have not been able to find much about them.

My Childs research has not gone as far forward as the timeframe for your Charlotte. I hope someone else can help.

Cheers,

Kelly.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you so much for the reply. I will remain hopeful. I keep thinking logically the link has to be somewhere :)

I have seen some trees on Ancestry that have both Samuel and Joseph in, from memory maybe as brothers but I could be wrong with that.

I have a lot of Brake family in my tree and I was hoping to make the connection from my Brake line to Charlotte's husband's line, Henry Peach Brake from memory.

Thanks so much, really lovely to hear from you.

Cheers, Kirsten