Author Topic: Trap Accident in Highworth  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Miranda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Trap Accident in Highworth
« on: Thursday 08 September 11 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone.  I am trying to trace any further information (newspaper articles etc) into the death of my Great, Great Grandfather Thomas Knight Barnard.  He was born in Stroud in 1845, married Georgina Klussman in 1868, had my great grandfather (also Thomas Knight Barnard) in abt 1869 and then tragically died in a 'Trap Accident' at the age of 25 in 1871 (March 1st 1871). 

I have tried searching papers online but to no avail!! Can anyone help? or let me know how I can find out??  I am living abroad at the moment so it is difficult for me to visit the UK.
Knight-Barnard & Barnard (Gloucestershire, Stroud, Rodborough Common)
Mitten or Mitton (Guildford, Shropshire) 
Rose, Jacobs,  Guttentag, (mainly London)
Giles (Cricklade, Cinderford, Merthyr Tydfil, Troedhyriw),
Mills, (Wales & Gloucestershire)
Hughes - (Wales)
Klussman/Klusmann

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Trap Accident in Highworth
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 November 11 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the death certificate and, if so, was the Informant recorded as the Coroner?

Was the date you mention the actual date of death or the date of the accident from which he subsequently died from his injuries?
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Miranda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Trap Accident in Highworth
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 November 11 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the death certificate and, if so, was the Informant recorded as the Coroner?

Was the date you mention the actual date of death or the date of the accident from which he subsequently died from his injuries?

Hi Dee-jay, no I haven't seen it yet.  I guess that would be a good place to start!  I will order it online.  I got the info from the England & Wales, civil Registration index: 1837-1983 off Ancestry.
Knight-Barnard & Barnard (Gloucestershire, Stroud, Rodborough Common)
Mitten or Mitton (Guildford, Shropshire) 
Rose, Jacobs,  Guttentag, (mainly London)
Giles (Cricklade, Cinderford, Merthyr Tydfil, Troedhyriw),
Mills, (Wales & Gloucestershire)
Hughes - (Wales)
Klussman/Klusmann