Author Topic: Stevens  (Read 15729 times)

Offline Blackhat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stevens
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 February 19 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Oh that's interesting!

I'm sure I've actually heard the name blue/bluey in passing at some point. I really want to trace the lineage on his (Nelson) side but I know so little that I'm not making much progress.

Sorry for my stupidity here, but Nelson would be your grandfather on your fathers side, right? I know my mum had some brothers (the only one I can remember is Tony/Anthony), so would that be the connection if we are indeed related? I only really know my aunts on that side, even then it was mostly when I was quite young.

Offline Barrel browner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 February 19 13:21 GMT (UK) »
I have a piece of paper somewhere with names on that my dad gave me they are some of his Gypsy family and he said they were buried in Newton Abbot, I don't know if you can private message on here but we should swap emails and research some more, Yes Nelson was my dads father.

Offline Blackhat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 February 19 13:47 GMT (UK) »
I've sent you a PM, if you click 'my messages' on the brown bar at the top it should appear there!

Offline jmj9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 June 22 22:32 BST (UK) »
I run a Facebook group called Hanham, Longwell Green, Oldland and Bitton memories. We have a member connected with Stevens/Stephens who were travellers stopping in Longwell Green at at Epsom Derby among their regular sites. Have some photos too. JMJ9