Author Topic: Link: St Peter's Parish Church Ipswich  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Link: St Peter's Parish Church Ipswich
« on: Sunday 11 September 11 18:21 BST (UK) »
We have been to Ipswich today and visited the Custom House which along with many other properties was open to the public.  You will have to wait until next year when Heritage weekend comes around again if you wish to visit.

However - we had a cup of tea and a piece of home made cake (mine Gluten Free  :D in St Peter's Church, by the waterfront in Ipswich.

As many of you are aware this is a redundant church (as is the nearby St Mary at the Quay).

It is open for concerts and it is open at various times so that you can call in and have a look around.

The Local History Recorder for Stoke area of Ipswich is on duty there on Tuesdays.

The Charter Hangings are in the church too - do go and have a look at them, they are embroidered panels depicting the town from the Viking invasion through to the 20th Century - they are wonderful (very inspiring to a needlewoman like me).

Now open Tuesday to Saturday between 10am and 3.30pm                August 2013

www.stpetersbythewaterfront.co.uk

Pat ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?