Author Topic: Expert required - John Alfred OWEN & Elizabeth PRYCE  (Read 17318 times)

Offline richk

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Expert required - John Alfred OWEN & Elizabeth PRYCE
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 October 11 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Lloydy

I have the birth certificate for Annie Gwendoline Owen. I also have the marriage certificate for her second marriage to Ralph Stephenson (which states her previous marriage name as Crisp nee Owen).

I also have her parents marriages marriage certificate (for John Alfred Owen to Elizabeth Pryce).

Happy to share and exchange these via email. Looking for anything to do with Crisps, Owens and Pryce's.

The town of interest is Newtown, Wales.

Cheers
Rich
Kendrick, Holt, Healey, Allbutt, Turner, Barlow, Stephenson, Kirkpatrick, Owen, Lees, Dickinson, Haines, Thompson, Wharton, Benson or Bengtsson, Noyes, Pryce, Basnett, Grace, Ambrose, Berry, Lees, Caley, Rogers, Munslaw, Rammeli, Webster, Preston, Simpson, Gill, Fielding, Hayde, Dorman

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 October 11 19:22 BST (UK) »

Hello Rich

I also have her parents marriages marriage certificate (for John Alfred Owen to Elizabeth Pryce)

Can you post their father's details please, witnesses, and where they were both living at the time of marriage?  I can look for both families in all the census.

I can also post details on the Crisp family if you would like further info.  There are still Crisp descendants alive and well living in Llanidloes and surrounding areas. 

Thomas Crisp was a 1st cousin (twice removed), his mother Elizabeth Jones was my great great Aunt, and her brother James was my Great Grandfather......hope you're still with me on this ;D

The Crisps were a large family - 11 children in total - their father William Henry Crisp came from Leamington Spa.  I'll post more details later.

Cheers, Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 October 11 19:32 BST (UK) »
She had to leave her first and only daughter behind

I forgot to ask in my previous post..........what's the daughter's name?

Jan :)

Added: Is this her?

Name deleted as she may still be alive
Jul-Aug-Sep Quarter
District: Newtown (which covers Llanidloes)
Mother's Maiden Name: Owen
Vol: 11B, Page: 129

???
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline richk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 October 11 07:30 BST (UK) »
She would be my grandmother's half sister although they never meet. She stayed with Thomas.

All of my Owens also came from Lalnidloes, again another Welsh town, I am told including Annie.

Annie's father was a coal miner, John Alfred Owen, from Lalnidloes.

I'll post more details later also.

Cheers
Rich
Kendrick, Holt, Healey, Allbutt, Turner, Barlow, Stephenson, Kirkpatrick, Owen, Lees, Dickinson, Haines, Thompson, Wharton, Benson or Bengtsson, Noyes, Pryce, Basnett, Grace, Ambrose, Berry, Lees, Caley, Rogers, Munslaw, Rammeli, Webster, Preston, Simpson, Gill, Fielding, Hayde, Dorman

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 03 October 11 15:38 BST (UK) »
My father and his family were all born in Llanidloes, and I still have relatives living there today.  I have managed to go back to the early 1700's and, luckily for me, hardly any of my ancestors moved away.  Makes family research much easier ;D

I'll start looking for all "your" families in the census........Do you want census info for the Crisp line?

Offline norma_jess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 03 October 11 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Don't know if this would be to late for your Huw as he could have had other names which he did not use. A birth certificate is the best way to finding out if this is your missing Huw. You can request certificates not to be sent if the father is different to the one you know for definite.

1942 birth
Details of living person removed

Regards Norma

North Wales Denbighshire .Williams. Hopwood.
Flintshire. Williams. Griffiths. Clarke. Hopwood.
Cheshire. Darlington. Stubbs.
Staffordshire. Darlington. Stubbs. Fieldhouse. Biddulph.
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancashire. Johnson/Johnston. Bebbington. Harris. Pimlott.
Cumberland. Marriner. Tuddenham. Crozier, Bell. Johnson/Johnston. Norman.
Northumberland.  Marriner. Leathard. Common
Norfolk. Tuddenham. Rolfe. Rosier.

Census information is Crown Co

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 03 October 11 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Norma

That's extremely helpful, but as the birth is 1942 it may well be that Mr Owen is still alive, and one of the Rootschat rules is you can't post details of living people.

May be worth you deleting the name and sending it to Rich via private message.

Offline richk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 03 October 11 21:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan

Birth certificate for Annie Gwendoline Noyes (now deceased)

Born 3rd November 1918
1 Rock Terrace, Llanidloes, County of Montgomery (registered Newtown)

Father - John Alfred Owen
Occupation - 1918 Farm Labourer

Mother - Elizabeth Owen formerly Pryce

Cheers
Rich

Offline richk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 03 October 11 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan

2nd Marriage of Annie Gwendoline Crisp (formerly Owen) - all parties mentioned now deceased

Marriage Ralph Stephenson
12th July 1948
Birkenhead, Cheshire
Ralph - 33 years
Annie - 29 years

Condition - Annie, the divorced wife of Thomas Crisp; Ralph, the divorced husband of Freda Stephenson, formerly Nevitt

Ralph - occupation, engineer, marine service

Ralph, son of Walter Robert Stephenson (formerly Benson, adoption on 2nd marriage), Walter, rigger in salvage company (diving in Mersey)

Annie, daughter of John Alfred Owen, coal miner (hewer??)

Witnessed by W.R. Stephenson and E. Reed

Cheers
Rich