Author Topic: Quertier  (Read 3609 times)

Offline annaS

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Quertier
« on: Friday 16 September 11 10:24 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a marriage between Adolphus Quertier and Emilie (Rougier),  in Guernsey.  Their first known child was born in 1879.  I would also be grateful if some kind person could find a death for the said Emilie.

Their last known child together was born in 1887.  Adolphus was in England as a widow on the 1891 census.

With grateful thanks.  Anna

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Quertier
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 16:27 GMT (UK) »
In the 1881 census the family are in Fordingbridge Hampshire
Adolphe Quertier aged 31
Emilie aged 23
Ethel Lilian Quertier aged 1 born in Fordingbridge....
Josiah Quertier aged 27  brother
Eliza Mary Manger aged 19 niece
and 2 servants....
do you know that Adolphus and Emilie were married in Guernsey ?
I was wondering if they may have married in Fordingbridge because Ethel Lilian was born there .....
Adolphus married again in 1891 to Edith Jane Neave in Basingstoke, Hampshire and has 2 more children
...so Emilie dies between 1887 and 1891 ...that`s only 4 years , the last child I can find for Adolphus and Emilie is 1885 in Fordingbridge...May Stuart Quertier
I can`t find the marriage for Adolphus / Emilie  - sorry....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Adolphus Quertier babtised 18th nov 1849 St Andrews ,Guernsey,
father Hellier Quertier
mother Marie Le Page ( what a lovely name )...Extracted record
died 1896
spouse - Emilie Roughier
spouse - Edith Neave ...........
Adolphus pedigree is on Pedigree Source File ...goes back to 1737 with parents and grandparents
can`t find the marriage to Emilie or her death...
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anna, I'm afraid this doesn't answer your question, but thought you might be interested to know that in the Hampshire Advertiser (Southampton, 5 Dec 1891) the following marriage notice appeared:

Fordingbridge - A Quaker's Wedding
On Thurs, 26 Nov, the wedding of Miss Edith Jane Neave, the eldest daughter of Mr James R Neave, with Mr Adolphus Quertier took place at the Friend's Meeting House.  There was a large number present to witness the ceremony.  Amongst the bride & bridegroom's relatives present were: Mr & Mrs J R Neave (parents of the bride), Mr & Mrs J Neave (jun), Mr & Mrs W A Neave, Mr & Mrs C Neave, Messrs Alfred, John & Bernard Neave and the Misses Neave (sisters of the bride), Mr & Mrs R Neave, Mr & Mrs T Westlake, Dr Rake and the Misses Rake, Dr & Mrs Herbert Rake, Miss M A Neave, Mr Percy and the Misses Neave from Highfields, Mr & Mrs Josiah Quertier, the Misses Quertier and Miss Mageur.  The Meeting House was nicely decorated and carpet was laid down from the road.  All the ladies, relatives of the bride, carried bouquets.  After the ceremony there was a large gathering at Mr J Neave's, where breakfast was laid.  The bride & groom departed from Breamore Station on their honeymoon.  Mr Quertier gave his employees a day's holiday and a sum of money each in commemoration of the event.

Dazey

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Ah-ha...
The Star (St Peter Port, 28 Aug 1886)
Deaths
24 Aug 1886 - Emilie Rougier, wife of Adolphe Quertier, aged 29 years

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 17:05 GMT (UK) »
National Probate Calendar
QUERTIER (born Rougier) Emilie - Personal Estate £400 in England
18 Sep 1886 - Administration Emilie Quertier (Wife of Adolphus Quertier) late of 35 Mount Row, St Peter Port, d. 24 Aug 1886 at 35 Mount Row, granted to Adolphus (gentleman)

Offline annaS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 November 11 18:45 GMT (UK) »
You are all super people!  Actually my neighbour is a grandaughter of Adolphus, and I said that I would do a little digging for her.  She does have a tree that was done many years ago, but certain things are missing; hence my posting on Roots Chat.

Thank you one and all.  Anna