Author Topic: John BLOMFIELD of Playford Parents ?  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
John BLOMFIELD of Playford Parents ?
« on: Saturday 17 September 11 12:28 BST (UK) »
Try as I can I just can not find John's parents:

John Blomfield baptised - 30 April 1760, Playford. His parents are listed as Daniel and Hannah. There was a Daniel born in 1730 but he was buried a few days later in Playford.

Daniel and Hannah appear to have had two more children, Sarah in 1778 and Daniel in 1783, that 18 year gap between the first child (John in 1760) and Sarah in 1778 is puzzling me as well.

I can't find a marriage between Daniel and Hannah prior to 1760.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: John Blomfield of Playford Parents ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 September 11 17:07 BST (UK) »
I think its unlikely that the John baptised to Daniel  and Hannah in 1760 are the same couple baptising Sarah in 1778 and Daniel in 1783.

Due to the practice of using the same names in families back then its more than possible that there were 2 Daniel Bloomfield and Hannah's around at the same time.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 September 11 20:34 BST (UK) »
You are probably right but I just can't seem to sort this out, with John's parents from his baptism in 1760 the biggest mystery of all.
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 September 11 01:46 BST (UK) »
The entry on the old familysearch for John bp.30/4/1760 Playford, son of Daniel and Hannah is a submitted entry and the year appears to be a mistake.   

The entry on the new familysearch which shows extracted records for Playford has the date as 30/4/1780 and this is the same date they baptised a daughter Sarah (I don't know whether the original entry may show Sarah's actual birth date as 4/4/1778 as on the submitted entry for her but she and John were both baptised on 30/4/1780 followed by Daniel on 17/8/1783.   I note that there is a submitted entry for the marriage of a Daniel Bloomfield and Hannah Chandler 27/1/1777 Walton, Suffolk.   This marriage does not show on the new familysearch but you'd need to check this with the original record for Walton to verify it is correct.

One should always beware of submitted entries - quite often they are incorrect and should always be checked against original parish entries.

(I don't know if you already know when/where Daniel Bloomfield was born - I note there is a Daniel Bloomfield bp.13/4/1755 Little Bealings (parish next to Playford), son of John and Sarah which could possibly be him).

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 September 11 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette

I have seen that 1780 entry for John and I believe it to be an error as I have seen the original entry for John and it is definitely 1760 the year he was born. He was married twice, once in 1778 to Mary Dorkins and then 1782 to Sarah Jakes with both marriages taking place in Playford.

I think he was the father of John Bloomfield who was baptised and born in Rushmere St Andrew in 1792.
Mattocks (Staffs)