Author Topic: Richard Davies born in Rhuddlan. Help to find family.  (Read 1658 times)

Offline FamilyTreeMan TM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Davies born in Rhuddlan. Help to find family.
« on: Sunday 18 September 11 22:58 BST (UK) »
My great great great grandfather was Richard Davies. According to the Welsh Biography Online he was born (http://yba.llgc.org.uk/en/s-DAVI-RIC-1814.html) 1814 in Rhuddlan, Flintshire and his father was Robert Davies. I'm quite certain as this is the same Richard Davies in my family as it states that he became Vicar of Brenchley, Kent and this was the occupation of the Richard Davies in my tree. I have ordered the marriage record of Richard Davies and it confirms that his father was Robert Davies, a clerk. Despite the fact I have this information from the Welsh Biography about other occupations he had, and also the occupations of his father, I can't seem to find anything else about them and their family.
Some help finding their family, and specifically the mother of Richard Davies would be much appreciated

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Davies born in Rhuddlan. Help to find family.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 September 11 23:26 BST (UK) »
In the marriage records(on the same website I think) there is:-

Robert Davies,clerk,bach.,Rhuddlan,FLN,1811,Sep 11,at St. Hilary,s Chapel,Denbigh,Margaret Prichard     A.B. 160/34

Roger

Offline FamilyTreeMan TM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 09:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much. Did you mean the same website as the Welsh Biography Online? If not, which website did you mean?

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 10:20 BST (UK) »
Sorry about the vague reference,it was from lists I downloaded some time ago and I was doing it from memory.
The site is www.llgc.org.uk and if you go to catalogues,archive,marriage bonds and search for 1801-1837 it should be in the list(no.5 I think) for St.Asaph 1801-1837(dynion).Sorry I can't give a single pathway but the above should get you there.

Roger