Author Topic: Daniel Stewart born 20 May 1802 Irvine  (Read 823 times)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Daniel Stewart born 20 May 1802 Irvine
« on: Tuesday 20 September 11 18:46 BST (UK) »
Over the last few years since I embarked on tracing both my own and my Wife's Ancestors I have become quite adept at piecing the jigsaw together but the BIRTH RECORD for Daniel above, my Wife's GG G/F, eludes me.

From his marriage to Susanna McAlistair on Arran in 1828 and the subsequent birth of their children in Irvine (Dundonald Parish), I discovered he was a Sailor, I found a considerable amount of data relating to his Merchant Seaman service including the precise date & place of birth from his Seaman's Ticket, as noted above.
He went to sea at the age of 13, did 2 years foreign service, the rest until 1847 was in British waters from Irvine Harbour.
He died in 1850, unfortunately there was an error on the burial record at Irvine Parish Church but I am fairly sure it was him.

Without his birth record, or some other documents, noting at least his Fathers name, further progress is proving difficult.

It may simply be a case that the birth was not recorded, or if it was the record was lost or damaged, my main request is can anyone suggest a way forward?

Regards
Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.