Author Topic: Hawarden Mining Accident 1881  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Roy Holmes

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hawarden Mining Accident 1881
« on: Wednesday 21 September 11 10:21 BST (UK) »
I am looking for anyone who can shed any more light on a mining accident that happened at Hawarden Colliery, Buckley, Flint on Wednesday 4th May 1881 and reported in the Wrexham Advertiser on Saturday 14th May 1881. The unfortunate person who was killed was my great great grandfather Thomas Seaman born in Hawarden on 1st November 1810. I have some brief details of the accident but would like to find out more if anybody can point me in the right direction. I gather my great great uncle was a blacksmith and was descending with a "horseman" at the time of the accident, so I am assuming he was going to look after some of the pit ponies. Would appreciate any help, especially with any inquest information.
Regards
Roy

Offline nibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Hawarden Mining Accident 1881
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 11:13 BST (UK) »
hi Roy have a look at

the Buckley society web page

also the coal mining records should be at the flintshire records at hawarden

wendy
hughes mills redfern thomas price peirce Evans /luke flintshire and turner rochdale turner/miller salt lake city Utah and miller wintersberg germany/stott rochdale /healey rochdale /dyson flint

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hawarden Mining Accident 1881
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Roy and Welcome to Rootschat  :)

I just happened to be looking at the coal mining disasters database and found this:

http://www.cmhrc.co.uk/site/database/result/57003.html

You might have seen it but thought it worth linking to.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***