Author Topic: Ada Hill, b. Reigate 1876  (Read 7022 times)

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
Re: Ada Hill, b. Reigate 1876
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 October 11 16:18 BST (UK) »
Did she die in the UK, on some death records the dob is shown, if you are lucky ( have found a few on mine).

If she did die in Reigate and was buried in either Reigate or Redstone cemetaries do phone the cemetery office on  01737 761592  as you know the year she died and her married name they will check to see if she is buried there.  Well worth giving them a call, very helpful and if not too busy will look up immediately.

The year of her death would indicate she would in all probability be in Reigate as Redstone was not opened until 1932.

Good luck

oh & the wrong 'Hill' family found were mine!!
Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 October 11 19:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip, Plummiegirl,
but were dates of birth recorded for deaths as early as 1904?

She died in Malvern (Worcs.) with the married name Brown.
I always think it was so inconsiderate of my ancestors to choose that surname.  Her mother-in-law was a Jones, too!

Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline Plummiegirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me, Dad, Granddad & G/gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 October 11 13:08 BST (UK) »
I think a lot depended on the registrar and whether or not this data was transferred to GRO.

Have found DOB on many and varied death records.  It is all very hit & miss on the earlier (would say post 1895 - about 1911) records.

Fleming (Bristol) Fowler/Brain (Battersea/Bristol)    Simpson (Fulham/Clapham)  Harrison (W.London, Fulham, Clapham)  Earl & Butler  (Dublin,New Ross: Ireland)  Humphrey (All over mainly London) Hill (Reigate, Bletchingly, Redhill: Surrey)
Sell (Herts/Essex/W. London)