Author Topic: Thomas William John Corrigan - Murder of his wife  (Read 6687 times)

Offline hawkinau

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas William John Corrigan - Murder of his wife
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Reading the Old Bailey Transcript he seemed to have been suffering from what we now call the D.T's.

What a sad story for all concerned, I wonder if he became tea total after this, his father was given as Victualler on his baptism, perhaps drink ran in the family?

Happy New Year All

Jennifer

What I understand and have been told after he got his ticket of leave he went on the become a very successful man and was at one stage editor of one of the large eastern states news papers, his children grandchildren and great grand children became pastoralists in the Wongan Baladu, Minivale areas of Western Australia where they still own vast acreages.
And no, drink doesnt run in the family, I am not aware of anyone else, uncles, great uncles, aunts or cousins who had a drinking problem.

happy new year to you too

Ric 

Offline Jparker

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 May 20 14:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvette,

I am also his ggg grandaughter (not sure how many greats!)

He was a convict to Fremantle, Australia. Where I live.

I actually have some printed info I have on him from my Nanna.

Very best,
Jess

Offline Lynn Langridge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 May 20 13:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvette,
Thomas in my hubby's great great Grandfather. I have done heaps of research on him over the last 12 years or so. I don't know how much you have found since you posted this message but I am happy to share and would love contact with you....or anyone else that is related to Thomas.

Kind Regards
Lynn