Author Topic: PHYLLIS CHERRETT / SCOTT / MCRAE - ONTARIO - VANCOUVER  (Read 2173 times)

Offline tesscawley

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PHYLLIS CHERRETT / SCOTT / MCRAE - ONTARIO - VANCOUVER
« on: Wednesday 28 September 11 17:28 BST (UK) »
Phyllis May Cherrett was born in Poole in 1917, Dorset England. Her first marriage was to George Christodoulou. They parted around 1950. Phyllis traveled to Montreal leaving on the 9th April 1954 aboard the ship Empress of Australia. Her occupation was listed as Housekeeper. She traveled under the surname Christodoulou but was known in Canada by her maiden name of Cherrett.

At some time in 1955 Phyllis married Ernest J Scott, a widower. Ernest was born 2nd November 1897 in Parry Sound, Ontario. We believe that they may have met in Huntsville and either married in Huntsville or Dwight but I can’t find any records as I believe they are sealed. The address where they lived was 25 McCamus Ave, Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada.

Ernest died in 1973 in Parry Sound

The next address for Phyllis was as Phyllis MCRAE at 6-225 East 3rd St, North
Vancouver, Canada. This address turned out to be ANVETS housing who confirmed that Phyllis had lived there and was then moved to frail care but did not know where.

It is thought that Mr McRae’s first name was John and that they may well have met at Gravenhurst. We know Mr McRae had a son but not his name. We know the son visited Phyllis in the Vancouver flat and may well have arranged for her to go into Frail care.

Whilst I appreciate that Phyllis must be dead I am trying to find out about her life and possibly contact Mr McRae’s son.

Phyllis was my birth mother.