Author Topic: Parker family 1841 look-up request - help needed please!  (Read 695 times)

Offline Josephine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Photo: Beardstown, Illinois
    • View Profile
Parker family 1841 look-up request - help needed please!
« on: Saturday 01 October 11 16:35 BST (UK) »
I'm so stuck it isn't funny. If anyone has the time and inclination, I'd really appreciate help on this, please.

When I had subscriptions to the census sites, I searched and searched to no avail. I can't afford a subscription again right now but I'm hoping that someone might be able to crack this nut.

I am looking for this Parker family in the 1841 census:

John Parker, born about 1808 in Canterbury, Kent (labourer)
Elizabeth Parker, born 1804 in East Dereham, Norfolk
Susan Parker, born 1828 in Market Dereham or East Dereham, Norfolk
Thomas Parker, born 1830 in Mattishall, Norfolk
Clementia Parker, born 1832 in Market Dereham or East Dereham, Norfolk
Harriet Parker, born 1840 in Chatham, Kent

Notes:

They are in Chatham, Kent in 1851 but son Thomas is not living with them. I believe my Thomas Parker, who is living nearby with his new bride in 1851, is their Thomas.

I need to find the family together in 1841 with son Thomas. I am trying to prove the link between my Thomas Parker and this particular Parker family.

Daughter Harriet was born in 1840 in Chatham, Kent. Son Abraham was born in 1843 in Chatham, Kent. Children Susan, Thomas and Clementia were all baptized very soon after their births in Norfolk. However, Harriet and Abraham weren't baptized until 1851 (in Chatham, Kent). I don't know what this might indicate.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Josephine

Edited to add: I put this request in the General category because they don't seem to have been enumerated in Kent in 1841. They might be in Kent  somewhere and I just couldn't find them but they also might be in another county, including Norfolk.
England: Barnett; Beaumont; Christy; George; Holland; Parker; Pope; Salisbury
Scotland: Currie; Curror; Dobson; Muir; Oliver; Pryde; Turnbull; Wilson
Ireland: Carson; Colbert; Coy; Craig; McGlinchey; Riley; Rooney; Trotter; Waters/Watters