Author Topic: Frederick GREEN and Agnes CARR  (Read 15278 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick Green and Agnes Carr
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 October 11 03:12 BST (UK) »
From NZ BDM online

1908 at age 65, Frederick Brougham GREEN's death registered.  Reference # 1908/1143

https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/Home/

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 October 11 03:55 BST (UK) »
Not Sure, possibly a side track

New Zealand Electoral Roll 1875 -76

Frederick Brougham GREEN, leaseholder, 1 acre in township of Rangitikei,

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 October 11 04:16 BST (UK) »
This looks like it might be Frederick and Agnes going to Victoria (before their marriage?):

Green    Agnes       Passenger    Shamrock    21 September 1846    George Town    to Port Phillip and Sydney    
Green    Frederick       Passenger    Shamrock    21 September 1846    George Town    to Port Phillip and Sydney

http://portal.archives.tas.gov.au/menu.aspx?search=2

JM, the son Frederick was probably in NZ by 1889 as his father's death notice says "Melbourne and New Zealand papers please copy"

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/38349702?searchTerm=frederick%20green&searchLimits=l-decade=188|||l-year=1889

Also noting that Frederick Snr. was said to be 72 in 1889 making him quite a bit older than he stated when convicted.

Interesting that Frederick Jnr. was born around 1843, making him the eldest child.  I don't see a baptism or reg under GREEN or CARR for him.

Debra  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 October 11 04:25 BST (UK) »
I think the Frederick Green who arrived in VDL in 1837 (ex Recovery, 14 years sentence from Lancester) received a Colonial Pardon in 1846, which would have allowed him to move to the colony of NSW (which then included all of Victoria) on the Shamrock in Sept 1846.   

Cheers,  JM

Offline 2011E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 03 October 11 13:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you all so much for all of your help.

Offline 2011E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 04 October 11 14:54 BST (UK) »
I am aware that they married and had children in Tasmania, 2011E

So it seems the Victorian (reply #3) marriage is not your people and Debra sees no marriage in Tasmania.

Have you seen something that makes you think there was a marriage?

Sue

http://www.archives.tas.gov.au/ - states marriage and children.

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 04 October 11 16:41 BST (UK) »
Just be careful with the "Family Links" on Tas Archives, there are a lot of errors and in many cases they have put two and two together and come up with five  ;D

Except where indicated by '(AO)', the family links in the database have not been made by the Archives Office and we are not therefore able to guarantee their accuracy. Links made by the National Heritage Foundation have been built up from a diverse range of sources which have not themselves been checked.

@ indicates that the date given for a marriage is derived from the date of the first identified birth of a child to the two people and therefore may not be accurate.

In your case, the year of the first identified child is 1845 so that is the year they assume for the marriage.  Bit silly really!

The real Tas BDM indexes are available on CD and fiche at most local libraries and family history societies.  Many also hold the microfilm of the original documents up until 1899.

Debra  :)

Offline kasden

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick GREEN and Agnes CARR
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 08 October 11 00:43 BST (UK) »
Hi  Just read your post and wondered if my brother-in-law could be on your family tree..he is Alan Frederick Green..will ask him about his family tree next time I see him.

Offline 2011E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick GREEN and Agnes CARR
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 22 October 11 12:09 BST (UK) »
I believe that one of these records refers to this Agnes Carr, as it is stated that she was from Liverpool.
Could someone please show me these:

All Liverpool, Lancashire, England, Catholic Baptisms, 1802-1906 results for Agnes Carr
Searching for...
Name:"Agnes" "Carr"
Birth:"1823", "Lancashire"

That is the only one in that index referring to Agnes Carr born during that time period, although based on marriage and baptisms, as she was buried in that section - she wasn't a Catholic; evidence suggests she was Protestant.

Also there are few in this index:

All England & Wales Christening Records, 1530-1906 results for Agnes Carr
Searching for...
Name:"Agnes" "Carr"
Birth:1821-1825, "Lancashire"

Thanks for all the help so far everyone.