Author Topic: Margaret Hannah Riches born 1857 Norfolk  (Read 3534 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Hannah Riches born c1861 Norwich
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 October 11 13:21 BST (UK) »
SHOULD still give the fathers name, even if he is deceased. Sometimes it will specify "deceased", sometimes, if the person was not specifically asked, it may not, even if the father is dead.

(The possible I found in 1881 who was with widwoed mum - her name wasnt Sophia - so I think that it is a different one. But as I say, one step at a time - If you are sure that is the right marriage - ie if the children's births say mothers maiden name is Riches, then the marriage cert is the way to go. Otherwise, step back a generation to establish the correct marriage first)
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 October 11 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hve you seen them in 1901?
Interesting the boys being soldiers!

RG13 1842 109 21

West Wymer
John 42 Commercial Porter
MArgaret H 40
John A 18 soldier
Edward C 16 soldier
Frank W 14 porter
Margaret L or S 11
Charles H 9
Bertie J 6
Victoria M 3 and a half    all bn Norwich
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arquebus

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 October 11 13:54 BST (UK) »
Yep....The soldier thing continued.....J A W is the grandfather and F W W is the great uncle of my father in law who was also a soldier and so was his father who was named exactly after his uncle F W W......I haven't established if F W W was also a soldier.

I have J A W as a Galvanizer in 1928 and on another census, I think I have him as a wireworker.

AL.
ENFIELD...Colchester, DEARY & DIX...Norfolk & Oz, SLOLEY / SYMONS...Fremington Devon, BAKER...Deopham Norfolk, BANTACK...Ixworth, ALLISON...Suffolk / ALLISTON / ELLISTON/E...North East Essex, HOW /HOWE...North East Essex, SWALES..York / Middlesboro,METCALFE...York,  WOODS / MOLLETT / GREEN....Norwich, BRATTY...N.Ireland (Derry and Belfast), MORGAN...Bicknor / Coleford Glos. & Middlesboro. FENN / WENDEN / ROOKARD....North East Essex. SNOW...Hampstead & Devon. BULL...Colchester.