Author Topic: Mozilla Firefox  (Read 11612 times)

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Mozilla Firefox
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 10 November 11 20:34 GMT (UK) »
There is a few topics on the Ancestry boards about the viewer and apparently they are working on a new one instead of updating the current one everytime Firefox is updated.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 19 November 11 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Upgraded to version 8, and still getting the warning about excessive usage, and also having freezing problems with the site. Am I alone in this?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 19 November 11 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Upgraded to version 8, and still getting the warning about excessive usage, and also having freezing problems with the site. Am I alone in this?

No problems at may end. What do you mean by excessive usage ?

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 19 November 11 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, confused the issue; that is a warning of excessive processor usage by AVG, this was mentioned on another thread.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline jksdelver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 19 November 11 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, confused the issue; that is a warning of excessive processor usage by AVG, this was mentioned on another thread.

I hadn't seen that but  warning about the usage have only come on my computer since the upgrade to AVG

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 19 November 11 20:03 GMT (UK) »
The real worry is the fact that the "Not responding" issue has re-appeared. Thought version 8 fixed that!

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 20 November 11 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Is it my imagination, ohas version 8 lost some of the firefox uniqueness? It seems a lot more like IE now.
One feature missingthat I liked before, was the option to save your tabs if you had several opened. Very handy if you were part way through a search, and needed 2 or 3 sites up.

Darren
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 20 November 11 09:25 GMT (UK) »
There seems to be no limit to the number of tabs that you can have open in FF.
I now open all the sites/tabs (I think that) I need as I open FF (as "home pages".)

If you need another tab open just hit the "+" sign.

There is also an add-on whereby you can save the page to clipboard if you want to.

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 20 November 11 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm totally puzzled by the problems that people are having with FF. Everything is running fine with me- better than before, I'd say!

Is it something I'm doing/not doing  ;D ;D ;D

I always think that the more 'twiddling around' that one does,  the more chance for messing up - if it works don't mess with it  :-X

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***