Author Topic: Farnan and Judge family.  (Read 3200 times)

Offline arrabel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Farnan and Judge family.
« on: Wednesday 05 October 11 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me, i am trying to find the birth of Mary Farnan born about 1862 in County Mayo her parents were James Farnan and Bridget Judge she also had a Brother called William i think he was born about 1860.
I am also looking for any information about Farnan and Judge the only information i know is that Bridget Judge was born about 1822 and James Farnan was born about 1806.
Thanks. :)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Farnan and Judge family.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 November 11 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello...

Are you 100% sure that Mary was born in Co. Mayo? I did a search in Co. Mayo on www.rootsireland.ie and came up with zilch lol but when I searched the whole of Ireland, I did find a match for a Mary Farnan born about 1862 to James Farnan and Bridget Judge...

Mary Farnan b. 1860 in St. Patricks Belfast, Co. Antrim to James Farnan and Bridget Judge.

I can see four births for a James Farnan about 1806, which were in 1801 Co. Kildare, 1802 Co. Kildare, 1806 Co. Kildare and 1806 Co. Westmeath. As for births for a Bridget Judge around 1822..there's 15 matches. If you go to www.rootsireland.ie - you will be able to check for yourself.

If you haven't got it already...I believe that I have found James and Bridget on the 1871 Scotland Census with children:

James Farnan b. abt 1806 Ireland
Bridget Farnan b. abt 1822 Ireland
William Farnan b. 1860 Kilbridge, Ayrshire, Scotland
Mary Farnan b. abt 1862 Ireland

This census was in Fullerton Place, Stevenson, Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hope this helps in some way,

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline arrabel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Farnan and Judge family.
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 November 11 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie, Thank you so much for the information i have been searching for years and have never been able to find the information about Marys birth.
Thanks again
Sharon :) :)