Author Topic: Highs and lows  (Read 695 times)

Offline c w

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Highs and lows
« on: Saturday 07 May 05 08:17 BST (UK) »
Had a disappointment a little while ago when my first long lost relative did not show for our first meeting. I was feeling a bit down about it. :(

However, in the post today I received a lovely letter from an address I had written too, purely as my ancestors had lived there from 1841 into the 20th C.
The property had been purchased from someone with the same surname as the married daughter of my 3Xgt. grandfather. The lady writing also told me the address of this womans son. Also included with this letter was a lovely photograph of the property as it now is - renovated and modern windows but still a lovely thatched cottage.

You may have guessed I am feeling so pleased today - thanks to a wonderful lady who took time to respond to my letter. :)

So today I will be busy following up the info. she has given me.

Caroline :)

Chidgey (west Somerset)
Morgan(Radnorshire & Tredegar, Mon.)
Griffiths (Tredegar, Mon.)
Morgan (Monmouthshire)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
Re: Highs and lows
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 May 05 14:22 BST (UK) »
That's lovely news Caroline, what a kind lady.

The owners of my Gran and Grandad's Cottage once let me view the garden which is up a cobbled path, then took me in and gave me a cup of tea.  It was absolutely wonderful being back in their cottage, and not much had changed, except it seemed much smaller, mainly because I remembered it as a child.  The atmosphere was wonderful, I could still picuture Gran and Grandad and the family eating Grans home made cakes and pies (of which there were many set out on a cold slab in the scullery) on Sundays.

I'd give anything to have those lovely days back again.

Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright