Author Topic: Help with de Traffords in Richmond  (Read 1581 times)

Offline caterpillar20

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with de Traffords in Richmond
« on: Sunday 09 October 11 17:20 BST (UK) »
Strange request this, but does anyone have any idea how i might go about accessing the family records of the de Traffords - specifically Daphne Ruth Elizabeth Adelaide Mary de Trafford. She was born in 1903 and died, unmarried, in 1996. What I'm trying to do is follow up a forlorn lead on someone who was in Daphne's service who I think may be a missing piece in my family tree. That person was a retired housemaid who was living in the same house as Daphne when she died (16 Lion Gate, Richmond). Daphne, then aged about 82 herself, registered the death. My assumption is that my possible relative had been in Daphne's employment and stayed in the house as the pair of them aged. However, I need to some kind of access to the family records to see whether this IS my relative, but I'm a bit stuck as to where to go.....any clues gratefully received.

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help with de Traffords in Richmond
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 October 11 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you checked to see whether either left a will? See the guide at the top of the Rootschat Surrey boards on wills for requesting a search of the probate calendar indexes, and a copy of any will/administration if found from the Court Services.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk