Author Topic: Mary Ann CARMODY from Kilmaley Clare Ireland  (Read 14049 times)

Offline dorelia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann CARMODY from Kilmaley Clare Ireland
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 26 January 11 11:51 GMT (UK) »
thanks guys: apologies for not posing the Clare library link: forgot - just google Clare Library - fantastic site.
I was aware of some of my family entries here but you've spotted some really interesting extra ones which had escaped me and I will look into these: many thanks again for your help!

Offline LeBlanc

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 21 February 11 05:03 GMT (UK) »
my husband's grandfather was John Carmody who immigrated to the United States, Massachusetts, around 1902.  His parents were Thomas Carmody and Bridget (or maybe spelled Brigid) McGrath.. I am hoping that someone may have information.  I think I may have found information, Kilmaley Parish Co Clare, they were married February 24 1870. I would like to know if he had any brothers or sisters. 
John married Mary Nelan, they had 4 children Mary, John, James and Catherine.  My husband's mother was Catherine.

Thank you for any help you may have.

Offline sarra

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 04:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi LeBlanc,
I see you are a new member - so welcome to Rootschat.

I've found it difficult trying to trace my Irish Ancestors. So I can't give you any advice in that direction.

I would suggest that you start a new thread - perhaps Thomas CARMODY - etc in the Subject field.

Good luck

Sarra :)

Offline noel39

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Maryann Carmody
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 15 October 11 06:10 BST (UK) »
to Lazarus,
My Greatgreat Grandfather William Halliwell married Maryann Carmody from Kilmaley, Co Clare, Ireland, born 1837.   She died in Clifton Hill, Victoria, Australia in 1910.   They had 3 sons, James Henry Stephen, John, Thomas Martin.   Thomas Martin was my Greatgranfather.   Their grandchildren were Alexandra Fredericka, Athur Thomas ( my grandfather) Caroline May, Elizabeth Florence, Mary Emily, Thomas Alfred, William Thomas.   I hope this is some help to you, good luck with your research.   Noel.

Offline sarra

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 16 October 11 06:23 BST (UK) »
Noel,

Lazarus posted regarding Mary Ann Carmody on my behalf, he was helping me...hoping he could find something or someone with information.

Actually Thomas Martin Halliwell was my great grandfather too, so that would mean we are cousins??.
Arthur Thomas Halliwell your grandfather....yes I do remember him.
Noel I think I we met once or twice??.  It would be great to compare our research on the "Halliwell" ancestors.
We could do this by Personal Message (PM), however to do this you need to have posted three messages..... have a look at the top of this board (Help) and it will explain what a (PM) is.

Sarra :)

Offline noel39

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 October 11 10:33 BST (UK) »
Sarra,   Are you in  Australia or overseas.   The information I had was from first families.

Noel.

Offline sarra

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 31 October 11 04:13 GMT (UK) »
Noel,

I'm in Australia..... I know of the First Families you mention.

Have you done any research on the 'Halliwell' ancestors.?

I see you are fairly new to Rootschat, so a belated welcome to you.

Sarra

Offline noel39

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 31 October 11 08:45 GMT (UK) »
To Sarra,   I am fairly new to researching my ancestry, and unfortunately I have not been able to pass the first family stage on the Halliwell side.   I have a fair amount of information on my grandmother  Violet Amelia Halliwell nee Sheldon she married Arthur Halliwell in Sebastapol, Ballarat.   I remember going to Barwon Downs  near Geelong to see Pops family, I think they were cousins.   I will try to get onto this pm you mentioned.   Regards Noel.

Offline sarra

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 31 October 11 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Noel,

Now that you have posted three times, I will be able to send you a Personal Message (PM).

I remember your grandmother, although I could not tell you anything about the  'Sheldon' side of things.

'Barwon Downs' I know nothing about that in connection to the 'Halliwells', so I'm very interested to hear what information you have on that.

Best wishes.....Sarra