Author Topic: Did Edith M Snook OR Guthro sail to Canada in 1914?  (Read 4495 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Did Edith M Snook OR Guthro sail to Canada in 1914?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 21:40 BST (UK) »

Hi JJ,

It looked as if he was married previously to Ann Belanger.  Never found a death record for her though.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 21:57 BST (UK) »
Ah, it was a death, not a marriage where Edith's name was mentioned...I should learn to read  ;D
Ah, well, then....If you need proof, you can hope that perhaps a descendant will find this and look in with some news...
There is also the 1920 census, which will become available but not transcribed for some time.
Looks as though there is enough information that she likely was the one in B.C.  Just read again and the wife of William as lighthouse keeper is fully Edith Mary, I hadn't looked into that url by Sandra...also Wm.Archibald Guthro's date of birth is right one
She may have been a gal who liked to fib about age and was practicing...My grandmother refused to give her correct age. Vanity and all that. She was married to a man over a decade her junior so she felt she needed to play the part. Plays havoc with documents, however...

Here is another list of lighthouse keepers...Those were a good find by Sandra.
http://coldwell.smithersbc.net:5910/john/Lightkeeper/frm_Lightkeepers.html
Some piccies of station now http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Addenbrooke+Island+Lighthouse
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Muffin41

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 20 October 11 10:59 BST (UK) »
She may have been a gal who liked to fib about age and was practicing...My grandmother refused to give her correct age. Vanity and all that.
  As Edith was born in Portugal I cannot confirm her date or year of birth. There are no records to be found unless someone else knows how to find them. :P

Thanks again for the new links. :)

Muffin41
Pow in Bath Somerset, Essex, Middlesex, Lancashire, Surrey, Australia, New Zealand and USA
Bailey, Hare, in Bath & Taunton Somerset
Nash in Seend Wiltshire, Bath Somerset
Snook in Middlesex, Leicestershire, Surrey, Berkshire, Portugal and Canada
Billinghurst, Furlonger, Hoare, Huntingford, Tilbury, Webb in Surrey