Author Topic: Hanson Family Monmouth  (Read 940 times)

Offline debbiebozkurt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hanson Family Monmouth
« on: Sunday 16 October 11 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am ultimately looking for the origins of a James Hanson born about 1823 (says Cheltenham) who appears only on the census from 1881. I have managed through weeks of investigation to trace his sister Eliza Hanson as her grandchild were living with James in 1881, Nottingham. It didn’t get any easier ( I thought it was down hill from there) – Eliza was living with William Davis from 1851 to 1871 where various children were born in Nottingham and Loughborough. William and Eliza moved to UTAH and on the Family Search site there is a wedding 8 July 1880 Salt Lake City between William Davis and Eliza Hanson ( I could never find a marriage in England). On the same site there are various records of their children including a birth date of an Eliza Hanson 5 August 1821 Monmouth, user submitted.

I can not find any records of an Eliza baptism to prove parentage but there was a Hanson family (head Adam) in Monmouth, Trevethin 1841 who also had a son called James but no Eliza with them but many females were live in domestic servants. The big  issue I have is that if Eliza was of that family then the James of that family was stated as born in Radnorshire and married and “ disappeared “ about 1871, though there is a death of a James  Hanson close by but not in the same area, but I maybe clutching at straws. My one wild idea is that James Hanson left his wife and ran off with a woman nearly 20 years younger in Nottingham. I forgot to say I could never find a marriage between James Hanson and his wife (who was also previously married) so I could not trace parentage that way.

Can anyone tell me where on line I can find Monmouth parish records, I have as I said tried on line but nothing, I found 1 child born to the Hanson family mentioned above at WESLEYAN,VARTEG HILL,MONMOUTH,ENGLAND but I might be completely wrong with my assumption both Eliza and James were from the Hanson family headed by Adam Hanson.

Any help would be great (I shall post this in the USA board too), I have a huge bump from bashing my head against the brick wall

Regards

Debs