Author Topic: Thomas Hedley  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Seghill Lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Originally from Northumberland
    • View Profile
Thomas Hedley
« on: Wednesday 19 October 11 07:28 BST (UK) »
Looking for the parents of Dorothy Hedley born 1758. Have her parents as Thomas and Mary, the only Marriage I can find is for a Thomas Hedley and Mary Davison in 1735 at Simonburn.  Dorothy married James Weatherley.  Any advice or comments would be appreciated. 

Pat in Oz
Northld. Boon, Barnes, Hedley, Richardson Peel<br />Yorkshire Wharton, Boon, Plummer, Stone<br />Norfolk, Boon, Auger, Plummer<br />Scotland, Mennie, Mortimer, Cameron

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Hedley
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 07:47 BST (UK) »
Pat, do you have Dorothy's birth/baptism record? Is this where you got her parent's names from?

I would check for any older or younger siblings with the same parents to get an indication of where and when Thomas and Mary may have married. This at least might confirm the one you found in Simonburn.

Also, the Parish Records of the children's birth/baptisms may say where Mary is from, so check the records of all of Dorothy's siblings.

I'm not sure if these dates are covered in the appropriate parish, but it might be worth looking on the familysearch site at the Durham and Northumberland BT's.

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat

Hedley is an  extremely common name in the north east and Mary of course can be found in huge numbers.  I would therefore be very wary of assuming that this marriage is the one you want.

Where was Dorothy baptised?

Christine

Offline Seghill Lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Originally from Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 October 11 07:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that information.  At the moment only have Dorothy Hedley as yet, no siblings, but several of us working on the family.  I do know there are a lot of Hedley's as I come from Northumberland, trouble is they all used the same names.  Will eventually get there.  Thanks anyway.  Cheers Pat (ex Geordie)
Northld. Boon, Barnes, Hedley, Richardson Peel<br />Yorkshire Wharton, Boon, Plummer, Stone<br />Norfolk, Boon, Auger, Plummer<br />Scotland, Mennie, Mortimer, Cameron