Author Topic: Andersons in Harwarden?Gt Boughton? Cheshire? Flintshire?  (Read 2527 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Andersons in Harwarden?Gt Boughton? Cheshire? Flintshire?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 July 13 16:54 BST (UK) »
Just fell over this query I'd originally posted ages ago whilst I was searching for something else, today.

When I got young James Henry A's birth certificate, registered in Great Boughton Cheshire, it gave no real address, only "Hawarden" for the residence, but clearly gave his father as James Anderson, a "fireman down coal pit", and mother as "Mary Anderson, formerly Johnston".
After a couple of years of searching for the family together, in 1871 and 1881 censuses in Wales and England,  I came to the conclusion that, as Father's job sounds dangerous, he'd probably died, and Mary re-married.
I tried to find a report of a suitable mine disaster, but couldn't find a James Anderson (dad) amongst any casualties.
 I did hunt through what felt like every census for 1871 and 1881 for son as a "James Henry" + Anderson, (or not using surname) with mother Mary, found a few possibles, in Wales and other places, but nothing I could link with any marriage to a widowed Mary Anderson between 1867 and the 1871 census.
I still think that's the likeliest scenario, as it's not until he gets married ( and may have seen his birth cert for the first time?) in 1889 that he pops up under his own name again.

However, that total dead end really means I'm very unlikely to discover ages or birthplaces of either of his parents, or of any possible siblings, so this does look very much as if it really is a full stop on that line, at 1867!
Thanks to all of you who gave me help, along the way. sorry we couldn't break through together, but thanks for all your efforts.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Andersons in Harwarden?Gt Boughton? Cheshire? Flintshire?
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 July 13 17:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I intended to "lock" or close this subject, and couldn't work out how to do it.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)