Author Topic: Rainey  (Read 4693 times)

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rainey
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 April 19 02:18 BST (UK) »
This link may help eliminate some of the possible Raineys. There were several Rainey marriages in the Hughes and McAuley descendants of my Ewing family of Coolsythe. One researcher has been documenting the Ewing families in wikitree. This link below is not the same link but another whose source I do not know.

https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Rainey-Descendants-1615

I suspect the William Rainey in the 1862 Griffiths list for Duneane could be the one this link refers to.

Offline Link2Past

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 May 19 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Borris - have you made any progress?  I'm descended from Casheltown Raineys, but they were only living there much more recently than the ones you are investigating - moved there around the 1940s.  I think (though it's hard to be completely sure) mine are some of the Tannaghmore Raineys from the Griffiths Valuation records listed and possibly Moneyrod in the Tithe Apportionments.

I'm looking for a Robert Rainey, born some time around 1790-1805 as my brick wall ancestor - he could be the one at Moneyrod.  Has that name come up at all in your research?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 May 19 19:42 BST (UK) »
Maybe the one that died 1872     Deceased Age at Death   83

No Image online at moment.

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline LJerwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 August 19 01:28 BST (UK) »
I am the biological great great grandaughter of Henry and Charlotte via their son Henry.  If anyone wants more information please reply.
Thanks

Offline JayJay55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 November 21 06:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello folks, first time on Rootschat but a longer user of Ancestry.  The Hannah Greer married to John Rainey is the daughter of Elizabeth Ann Sheals and Robert Greer.   Sheals/Sheilds/Shields is my connection to the family.  From a fairly detailed family tree on Ancestry the following are listed as family of Henry Rainey (death 1876) and Charlotte Casey 1822-1888 - Henry (b 1846), Rose (1850) Robert (1852) James (1853) and John 1858-1946.  Hope this helps.  While I can't guarantee the research of the Raineys, the other information relative to my family has aligned with my own and I try to be very careful about information I see. 
If any of you have come across any Sheals/Sheilds/Shields, Patrick Sheilds m Nancy Hall, both born about 1800 I would be very pleased.  Their son James born about1842 left in 1863 for
Australia as did his sisters Jane, Hannah (Mackrell) and Margaret.  Cheers JayJay

Offline Borris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 20 May 23 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Jay Jay55, I would be interested in learning more about the Sheals/Sheilds/Shields family that moved to Australia. Thanks Borris

Offline Borris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 20 May 23 21:12 BST (UK) »
 Hi LJerwin, I would be interested in finding out more about Henry & Charolette’s family line. Can you please make contact. Thanks Borris

Offline LJerwin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 21 May 23 13:47 BST (UK) »
happy to help Borris - not sure how to make direct contact.  I cant pots my email address here.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 21 May 23 14:22 BST (UK) »
happy to help Borris - not sure how to make direct contact.  I cant pots my email address here.

Just use the Personal Message (PM) facility which we use for exchanging person information, email addresses, etc.

When logged in, just click on My Messages (in the dark brown bar at the top) and then click ‘Send a Message’. Type in the name of the recipient, then click on the light blue link just below.

Type a Subject, compose your message (including any data and/or e-mail address), preview if necessary and then click ‘Send Message’.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo