Author Topic: Frederick BARTON born Beverley 1817  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Braindead

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great Great Great Grandfather, William Cafferata
    • View Profile
Frederick BARTON born Beverley 1817
« on: Sunday 23 October 11 09:55 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for Frederick Barton and his family. Frederick (sometimes spelt slightly differently) was born in Beverley in 1817 according to census records. I have his marriage certificate from 1850. He married Caroline Bradley in Newark, Nottinghamshire but there is a line through the father's details.
In the 1841, 1851 and 1861 census he is shown as living in Newark with his mother, Sarah Barton. The 1851 census shows she was born in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, and the 1861 census shows she was a widow. The condition of marriage isn't very clear in 1851, but possibly says W.
Any help in tracing Frederick back through Beverley would be much appreciated.
"Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick BARTON born Beverley 1817
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 October 11 15:13 BST (UK) »
I had a look on Familsysearch and Ancestry but only found the same info as you...sorry....The only other thing I can suggest is a look up of the Parish Records at the Tresure House in Beverley.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline The Mc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 October 11 00:45 BST (UK) »
The 1881 census on Familysearch.org shows Frederick  Barton born Beverley 1819. He is now 62 and a bank cashier living at Stedman  St Newar

His wife Carolie is aged 48 being born  in 1833 in Willoughby Norwell, Nottinghamshire...their daughter Sarah H Barton is living with them aged 26 after being   born in Newark in 1855

Offline The Mc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 October 11 01:00 BST (UK) »
In familysearch.org there is the marriage of a William Barton  to a Sarah Little on 4th Oct 1816 in the Sculcoates district of Hull, close to Beverley. Got a sneaky feeling though this Sarah might have been born in the Hull area!