Author Topic: 1821 Abdie Kirk session records  (Read 2012 times)

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1821 Abdie Kirk session records
« on: Sunday 23 October 11 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I'm looking for parents and siblings of David Nic(h)olson born c. 1823, Ceres, Fife, Scotland.

David has been located on all census records from 1851 - 1841 is missing. Apparently there is a list of the population of the parish, of 1821, amongst the Abdie Kirk Session Records held by the Special Collections Dept. of St Andrews University Library. The Tay Valley Family History Society has a copy also.

Does anyone have access to this particular record either as a member of the Family History society or have access to the library?

Thanks,
Fiona

Offline utrecht003

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: 1821 Abdie Kirk session records
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 20:21 BST (UK) »
HI fiona , don't get too excited.all I could find to help that is near to what you want is  on LDS is Alexander NICHOLSON 23 March  1770. Dysart.  Married to Elizabeth Agnes Allon.5 Nov 1775.Dysart.
   Their Son david NICOLSON born 24 May 1815 Dysart  Married to Isabella Stenhouse  on 9 Oct 1835

The other was on ancestry.com 1871 census David Nicholson born about 1819 Ceres married to Margaret Nicholson . address Balcurvie Village Occ Gasman at Distillery. members at address James Nicholson age 19 and Edw. Nicholson age 16.
  Davids age was given as 52 and Margaret 49.
   Just a thought.  Alex