Author Topic: ITALY - SURNAME ROMANI/DI BARTOLOMEI  (Read 2292 times)

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ITALY - SURNAME ROMANI/DI BARTOLOMEI
« on: Monday 24 October 11 11:00 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother's maiden name was MARIA ROMANI and she live in Tarquinia which is north of Rome.  Her married name was Di Bartolomei.  She was married to Nicola Di Bartolomei and their daughter was Margherita Di Bartolomei (my grandmother).  I would love to know more about the family if anyone is connected in some way.  Maria was very dark and it is rumoured that she was Spanish.  Look forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to help.  Maria Romani died in the 1930's.  By this time Margherita had migrated to Australia.

Offline carinthiangirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ITALY - SURNAME ROMANI/DI BARTOLOMEI
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 October 11 00:21 BST (UK) »
I found your links very interesting.  I must say I am even more curious now than before.  I went to the Comune di Tarquinia in 2008 but they just wanted to get rid of us.  I guess the language barrier did not help.  We were shown a large register which had the marriage record of my grandparents & would have all the records of my family BUT we were not allow to have access to it, even though I told them we had travelled from Australia.    My next quest is find the death certificate of Maria Romani in Tarquinia which would have her parents name.  I thank you very much for your time.

Offline carinthiangirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 October 11 15:27 BST (UK) »
mh - i wonder why they did not show you more.
I have no experience with ancestors-research in Italy, but normally if you have a document which shows the relationship to them they must give you info. did you have no such a document? possible because of this - there often protection periods for such infos. donīt know how long it goes back in Italy, but in Austria we have 100 years back. so when you have a research within the last 100 years you need a proof that you are related to this family. yes, it possible was the language-barrier so you did not understand what they meant?....maybe you start a new attempt about e-mail with an attached document which shows that you are related to this family?
http://www.comune.tarquinia.vt.it/pagina301_telefoni-e-mail-orari-indirizzi.html

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 October 11 10:46 BST (UK) »
It was Saturday morning and I had the feeling the head guy had somewhere to go.  Apparently there was another office which was more appropriate to obtain documents.  We offered to pay but he snapped the book shut, we could have cried BUT this is the only bad experience everyone else was just wonderful.  It was just sad when we had travelled so far and were so close to the record book.  Where do you live?  Have you been to Australia??

Offline carinthiangirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 October 11 11:25 BST (UK) »
iīm from Austria.
now and at offices you can often have different experiences.
make attempt about e-mail, maybe another person works on it, which is more friendly. do not let get you down! there are always ups and downs at ancestors-research.
good luck.!