Author Topic: Joseph Edward Biney  (Read 20453 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Edward Biney
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 11 May 13 18:21 BST (UK) »
Jonathan, can I ask after these last couple of years, with what you know to date so far on the family....how do you want to progress? I think you have been working on this for a granddaughter of Irene (from the other post)?

Over two years, directions can change, based on what you discover and learn over time. You have posted again after two years...with a breath of fresh air  ::) what do you know want to research further?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline genealogistsykes

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 11 May 13 18:45 BST (UK) »
We now have the following details:

Chief Joseph Edward Biney Snr. (1850-1937) was the father of Joseph Edward Biney Jr. (1877-). Joseph Jr had Irene with Jessica Russell (1878-1953) in 1905. Joseph Jr. was admitted to the Bar on the 11 Jan 1902. On the 23rd August 1902 he went to Cape Coast, and was called to the Bar on the 17th November 1904. His daughter, Irene Dorothy Biney, was born on the 30 April 1905, and in that same year on the 11 November 1905 he went off to Cape Coast, Ghana.

I'd like to, if possible, find out who Joseph Jr's siblings were and when Jr died. Also I would like to establish who Joseph Snr married.  I wouldn't mind tracing back the Biney family but I do understand that it will be difficult seeing as Ghanian records are not all online.

Offline genealogistsykes

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 26 May 13 21:12 BST (UK) »
Just searched on family search and the following came up. This might me Joseph Edward Biney Jr in England in the 1901 census? I don't think we ever found him.

Joseph E Biney
1901 Census
Male
Boarder
Birthplace: Cape Coast Castle
Hackney, London, Middlesex