Author Topic: The WILLIAMS family . Cotton Farmers  (Read 2640 times)

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
Re: The WILLIAMS family . Cotton Farmers
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 13:23 BST (UK) »
WOW !!

Once again, Rootschat has risen to the challenge and won. Thank you

This is definitely the family I am researching, but all I have had to go on is family history, related by two 94 year olds, and a photograph. They will be thrilled with this information. Grandad will be 95 next month, and I will now be able to tell him exactly where all his Aunts and Uncles went, just before, and after WW1. Three family members went to Canada, another to The Cape, and The Williams to Australia.....

It will take me a while to digest all this, but it is lovely, that I can now add this information to the tree, and complete it for next month.

Thank you all again, I am most grateful

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 October 11 23:08 BST (UK) »
http://www.northburnett.qld.gov.au/?id=95

This link is to a number of Community groups in the Monto and surrounding region.

There may  be a group on the list which could help with further information on the family as they seem to have been long-term residents, and would have been known to many.

It certainly would be worthwhile making contact I think ;D

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 October 11 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Sue.....

Thankyou so much for this link. I will have a look at it straight away.

I must admit, I would like to know what happened to Irene. She must have married after 1934, as I cannot find one before then, and she was still at home in 1930......

It would be lovely to make contact with a descendent, and even better to see a photo of Lagoon Farm, when all we have is one of them outside their tent.

Thank you

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline DoveGroves20

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 August 23 11:13 BST (UK) »
Appreciate this thread has been quiet for quite a while. Hoping that JeannieR may see this message as I have information I can provide about the Williams / Kelsall family in Monto. I am a descendant.

Would also love to get any information that can be provided to me, especially any photographs. There was mention of a photo of the family while living in a tent when they arrived in Queensland and were working on the railway construction.