Author Topic: Lookup Thomas Ainsworth Coyne  (Read 4431 times)

Offline bozzo2

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lookup Thomas Ainsworth Coyne
« on: Thursday 27 October 11 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi

I would be grateful if anyone could look up a birth for me the name being Thomas Ainsworth Coyne who was born in Canada in 1855,unfortunately I don't know which area he came from so it is probably a near impossible ask. I do know his fathers name was Samuel and mothers name was Margaret McLeod,his father Samuel was in the RCMP.If anyone can find anything it would be most appreciated.
Cheers
bozzo2

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Thomas Ainsworth Coyne
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 October 11 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Bozzo2,

Did your Thomas have any siblings ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 October 11 11:02 BST (UK) »
Came across this piece on another message board about Thomas Ainsworth Coyne

http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=743&p=surnames.coyne

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline bozzo2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 October 11 11:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandra yes I was part of that message board.
Problem is I know nothing of of his life in Canada,only found his parents names from his death entry here in Australia.I would assume he had siblings.
Cheers
bozzo2

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 October 11 11:29 BST (UK) »
Reading the other posts - the stumbling block might be  that -  " T. A. Coyne is known as Joseph Coyne on the birth cert of his son Joseph Francis "   ???

Strange
Sandra

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 October 11 16:01 BST (UK) »
Do you have any idea what year Thomas left Canada?

Where did you get information that his father was in the RCMP? The RCMP didn't actually come into existence until 1920 when the governement merged the North-West Mounted Police (formed 1873) with the Dominion Police.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline bozzo2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 27 October 11 23:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jacquie,well that can't be right then,I got it off someone who posted on ancestry about 11 years ago,I tried to contact the person but no word,probably inactive.
No I don't know when he came to Australia,don't know if he married Amy Sophie  Fleetwood before he came,I have found her birth entry from the Uk.Their is no Aus entry for their marriage,they may have just lived together in Australia or a possiblity they could of married in Canada.I am guessing he probably came to Australia as a young man in the 1870's and met Amy here.I can't evn find any evidence of them arriving here from any of the passenger list.Thanks for trying to help Jacquie but I think I have hit a brick wall.
Cheers
Judy

Offline bozzo2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 27 October 11 23:34 BST (UK) »
Yes Sandra that sounds too strange for me also,I have tried to contact that person,as yet no word.
cheers

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 28 October 11 06:37 BST (UK) »
The Australia marriage database has a marriage listed for an Amy Sophia Fleetwood to a John Hall in Queensland on 20 Dec 1883. There is also a death listed in the Australia death index for Amy Sophia Hall on 6 Oct 1935. The death index says her parents' names were Thomas William Fleetwood and Amy Rook. If those are the same Amys then it would seem she never legally married Thomas.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz