Author Topic: Lookup Thomas Ainsworth Coyne  (Read 4432 times)

Offline bozzo2

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Thomas Ainsworth Coyne
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 October 11 09:00 BST (UK) »
Wow Jacqui,yes she is the same Amy,how did I miss that one,Yes she obviously didn't marry Thomas and only 14 when she married John Hall,wonder if there are any children to him,will have to do a search.At least that tells me that Thomas came to Aus not with her anyway.
Cheers

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 28 October 11 11:19 BST (UK) »
Could this be a possibility for Thomas going via London or just coincidence  ???

Thomas Coyne. Born about 1855 and aged 22 years.
Port of Departure:   London, England to Brisbane, arriving 2 July 1877 on the Rodell Bay.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline bozzo2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 October 11 12:21 BST (UK) »
Yeah Sandra I did see that one,not sure,now I know he never had a wife when he left Canada ,so it is a possibility he left as a young man and this person did go to Brisbane in Queensland and Thomas lived in Queensland.Only if there was a way of finding out for sure.Thanks, I will look for a passage from Canada to London an see what I can come up with.

Offline 2chappies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra

I'm VERY new here and believe the Thomas Coyne (Kyne) on the Rodell Bay to Brisbane that arrived on 2 July 1877 is the brother of my g-grandmother Honora Comer/Comber who was approx 23 years.  They were travelling initially from Galway to NZ.  We have only recently discovered their ship (Rodell Bay) arriving in Brisbane after years of searching ships to NZ direct from UK.  Honora and her husband John Comer/Comber were accompanied by three of their children Patrick, John and Bridget. Another son Michael, was born on the voyage in the Great Southern Ocean.  At some time after arriving in Brisbane they travelled to Milton, NZ and settled there but we don't know when.  Another son Thomas who had stayed behind in Galway arrived in NZ in 1979 with his aunt Margaret Coyne.  Eventually most of the family returned to settle in  Australia.  We haven't investigated this Thomas as yet so have no idea whether he continued to NZ with the family or stayed on in Aus.  That's another branch for us to investigate.  :)

Not sure if this helps you or not.

Monica
Comer/ Comber/ Kyne/ Coyne - Ballinacourty/ Carramore/ Carrowmore/ Oranmore, Galway
Comber - | Milton, NZ | Sydney / Melbourne, Australia

Offline 2chappies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 12:08 GMT (UK) »
My apologies, I should have directed the last post to bozzo2 as they are the one searching for a Thomas Coyne. 

Monica
Comer/ Comber/ Kyne/ Coyne - Ballinacourty/ Carramore/ Carrowmore/ Oranmore, Galway
Comber - | Milton, NZ | Sydney / Melbourne, Australia

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 14:59 GMT (UK) »
No problem Monica, at least we know that particular Thomas Ainsworth Coyne wasn't the one on the Rodell Bay and he remains elusive for the moment.  ;D

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline bozzo2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 November 11 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Monica for the info,at least we  can discount that Thomas and my Thomas seems to be a very elusive man,hopefully something will pop up one day.
Cheers