Author Topic: WHERE COULD SHE BE  (Read 986 times)

Offline witchy_mum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WHERE COULD SHE BE
« on: Saturday 29 October 11 06:45 BST (UK) »
Am looking for my greatgreataunt Emily Bennett. Emily was b 1829 in Maidstone Kent. I have her baptism info and in 1841 census Emily was living with her parents in Windmill Row,Maidstone, Kent. In the 1851 census I find Emily living  at 26 Rayliegh Place, Rayleigh Essex with a Doctor George R Hilliard and his family as there house maid. After the 1851 census I have been unable to find any information on Emily.

Can anyone with records find if Emily may have emigrated to New Zealand

Appreciate any help given

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WHERE COULD SHE BE
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 October 11 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi

I see a posting has just been made on one of your other threads (England - General board) re: a marriage of a likely Emily BENNETT to a Thomas LANDING - 1856.

Perhaps you could let us know if this was the person you were seeking.   :)

[In the meantime a quick search at the Immigration/Passenger lists for New Zealand (from 1855) - available for free viewing at Familysearch -  doesn't reveal an Emily with a birth year close to 1829. ]

~  Lu

Offline witchy_mum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 January 12 06:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I see a posting has just been made on one of your other threads (England - General board) re: a marriage of a likely Emily BENNETT to a Thomas LANDING - 1856.

Perhaps you could let us know if this was the person you were seeking.   :)

[In the meantime a quick search at the Immigration/Passenger lists for New Zealand (from 1855) - available for free viewing at Familysearch -  doesn't reveal an Emily with a birth year close to 1829. ]

~  Lu

Offline witchy_mum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 January 12 06:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lucy
Sorry to have taken so long in replying. Due a family commitment I have been unable to reply to reply to my emails. Am finally catching up now. In regard to my Emily Bennett I sent away for the marriage certificate for Emily Bennett and Thomas Landens. Am unsure if its the correct marriage. On the certificate Emily's age is 24 the mariage took place un 1856 which makes Emily's birth year 1832. My Emily was born 1829. Is the age always correct on the certificate. Everything else on the certificate is correct. What are your thoughts on this.

Many thanks
Pam