Author Topic: 1841 census  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census
« Reply #9 on: Monday 31 October 11 01:25 GMT (UK) »
Ebenezer James in 1841, has Yes in the column whether born in Scotland, Ireland or Foreign Parts. The rest of the family are born in County (but can't tell which Parish)

Related thread re Thomas Joshua James:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,545306.0.html

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 31 October 11 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Park Street South, or as it is today Park Street, is in the town of Pembroke Dock and not in the parish of Pembroke Town St Mary.
Parish Church of Pembroke Dock St John began services in circa 1844, the new town of Pembroke Dock having been built on land called "Paterchurch" which was in the parish of St Mary's.
Rgds
Orielbenfro
ORIEL a welsh window on a surname
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline cmphipps

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello team ..
 Many thanks to you all, your help is much appreciated ..
I had pulled that one of Ebenezer born around 1805 and put it too one side as and only as the dates on Thomas did not tally , though after much thought did think just maybe Thomas did not want to appear to be, to old a man, marrying a 19 year old ..
I looked at the 1841 census where has put yes for country of birth could it be an accident and occupation ,about 4-5 lines up there is a shipwright and nothing in following lines ,is it possible that the census writer meant ditto ..
Also this one is food for thought on the 1861 census there are 2 Ebenezers at Pembroke one on board ship and the other is at home , i was seriously thinking that they could be one and the same man the ship is berthed at pembroke dock leaving ?. So tells the wife i will be home for dinner thus, keeping the captain happy if he thinks he is board ship ..
I have ordered a marriage certificate of the Ebenezer  born 1820 who got married 1841, as there is a Mary living at Solva husband at sea with a Thomas at home, right age , i am getting confused .com .
And will definatley appreciate any help you can give
Kind regards
Chris