Author Topic: Arnold-Jones  (Read 2035 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Arnold-Jones
« on: Thursday 03 November 11 23:24 GMT (UK) »
In 1871 a John Arnold is showing as born in Mold Flintshire in c 1843 and married to an Elizabeth given as born in Rhos Denbighshire in c 1846.They are living in Church St Rhosymedre Denbighshire-RG10/5652/118/8.

Whilst I know who the Elizabeth was,she was the daughter of my relative John Jones born in Rhosymedre in 1818,the John Arnold is something of a mystery man.He isn't showing before this Census year and I can't find the couple in the 1881 Census.I also can't find a marriage for John and Elizabeth which according to their eldest child Mary must have been before 1865.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Arnold-Jones
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 November 11 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi William

Try under Arnol in the 1881. May just be unlucky in 1851 and 1861 with missing pages.

cheers

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 November 11 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Peter,the 1881 Census shows one child that I knew nothing of Hannah born in Wrexham in 1873,she is in Widnes as a Servant in 1891.That makes seven children,Mary(1865),Sarah Ann(1869),Jane(1871),Hannah(1873),William James(1881),Maggie(1883) and Thomas(1884).John must have died between 1884 and 1889 as Elizabeth marries a Peter Poole in 1889.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 November 11 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi William

I notice a John Arnol (again no 'd') possibly married an Elizabeth Davies in Ruabon St Marys in 1867. I know this is slightly later than you want and the wrong name but maybe she was married before.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 November 11 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Peter,the marriage find could be very revealing.I have to go back to my initial post on this saying that Elizabeth was the daughter of a John Jones born in Rhosymedre Denbighshire in 1818.Now this John Jones apparently married a Sarah Davies born in Rhosllanerchrugog Denbighshire in c 1821.

You will see John,Sarah and Elizabeth and also Sarah's father given as a John Davies born in Cynwyd Merionethshire in c 1786.They are living in Morton Above(Rhos) Denbighshire in 1851-HO107/2503/362/49.

In 1861 at Rhosymedre-RG9/4281/28/3.

Now it could be no wonder that frankly I struggled to find a John Jones/Sarah Davies marriage in the area with a view to it being before Elizabeth's birth.There is I can see a possible one,a Wrexham Civil Marriage in 1849.I will now hold back from adding the Arnold family to my Tree until I see some detail of the 1867 marriage at the AN Palmer Museum at Wrexham next week.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 November 11 16:37 GMT (UK) »
The Wrexham Advertiser, October 21, 1882;
 Death of John Arnold  collier , on October 13th at Wheatsheaf aged 39.

Age is a match, but doesn`t  match your estimate of a death.
 Is this the family ?   I remember Griffiths Row,  it was about 100 yards from the Wheatsheaf Inn.
1881 Griffiths Row , Gwersyllt.
John Arnol 38  coalminer b Northop
Elizth. Arnol 34 b Rhos
Jane Arnol 10
Hannah Arnol 8
Wm. Jno. Arnol   
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 November 11 00:32 GMT (UK) »
I estimated John death as being later as there are apparently children of the couple born up to 1884.Although there are children of the couple definitely given as Grandchildren of the Sarah Jones in one of the Census years,when I looked up the 1867 marriage for John and Elizabeth at Ruabon St Mary,Elizabeth's father surprisingly and confusingly is given as an Edward Davies!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire